Glass off the front door to clean and now I can't get back on
I have the RF367LXMB model free electric range. I was cleaning today and took the glass off, the black side strips came down but will not allow the glass to be put back on right. One side snapped in 2 pieces. How do I get this back together?
Re: glass off the front door to clean and now I can't get...
Well, really you want me to share with you how I fixed the problem by myself just so you can charge some poor person like myself with my know how. I do not think so. I thought this was a site to get answers and not be charged but I was wrong. This site is a lure to get people to join your so called club for a fee to get answers to problems for said fee. I will in the future remember this.
Thank you for your non-support.
- If you need clarification, ask it in the comment box above.
- Better answers use proper spelling and grammar.
- Provide details, support with references or personal experience.
Tell us some more! Your answer needs to include more details to help people.You can't post answers that contain an email address.Please enter a valid email address.The email address entered is already associated to an account.Login to postPlease use English characters only.
Tip: The max point reward for answering a question is 15.
Had to remove the screws on the BOTTOM of the outside door, then panel came off after all the screws (inside oven door included) were off...
Reversed the order to put back on.. Cleaned (all) three glass pieces nicely... Now after reading the problems with the self cleaning part (doors getting stuck!) - I'm afraid to try mine!
While waiting for someone else to answer my question, I fiddled around with the door parts. I managed to reassemble them! Here's how:
1. start with the glass panel. Slide the glass panel into the slot at the bottom of the front door frame on the stove.
2. next attach the handle. There are slots on the bottom of the handle that fit into the top of the glass panel. Slide the handle slots into the top of the glass panel.
3. screw the handle onto the oven door using the predrilled holes on the inside face of the oven door.
4. last, attach each of the two side trim strips. Slide the top of each strip into the bottom of the handle on each side of the oven door. Then slightly bend the strip outwards so that they are short enough to fit into the bottom slot of the oven door frame on each side of the glass panel.
I have the same problem. Two years ago the service representative came to my house to replace the door seal in my upper oven. He had to take the door apart to remove and replace the part. I used that opportunity to clean the interior glass partitions. I watch how he took it apart and put it back together again. I would not recommend trying it yourself. Also, local service reps. would clean it for you for a nominal fee. The problem is taking the bigger heavier door in which I have to do with mine.
Take the door off.
Lay it on a flat surface-front down.
Remove six screws- 2 holding handle and 4 a bottom.
Carefully remove top part door assembly from front cover.
Reverse the process to reassemble.
you need to remove the door. On your model just grab the door and lift and it should lift right off.
Then remove the screws that run along the bottom of the door. Remove the bottom trim and the glass should slide down and off.
Reverse to assemble