Question about Sharp R-1500 Microwave Oven

Open Question

Sharp microwave is blowing fuses in the house. I opened it and found a circuit component broken, and evidence of shorting to ground. The item has 2 wires going to it much like a similar item on the side of the microwave cabinet. they are round and black, one has the numbers on it 35TXE21 12544 L170-15C 89821. What is the item? what is it's function?

Posted by on

  • William Miller
    William Miller May 11, 2010

    That sounds like a thermostat or thermal cutout.

    What is your model number?

    Can you upload a good photo of the part and the general area it was mounted?

×

5 Suggested Answers

brandonboyce
  • 84 Answers

SOURCE: sharp R-4A56 microwave oven dead

Did you check your circuit breaker to be sure that it wasn't tripped?

Posted on Jul 23, 2007

SOURCE: SHARP R-316F

easy to fix you need to cut the tracks to the led lights then solder 2 wires to the leds next use a 1k resistor on one of the wires then conect it straight to the power surply just after the bridge rectifier noteing+ and -

Posted on Mar 06, 2008

tiway1
  • 100 Answers

SOURCE: Makes a loud humming sound and blows fuse behind controll panel

Most likely a shorted capacitor is causing the fuse to blow. Easy and cheap to fix.
Check with www.martinmicrowave.com or call toll free 1-877-894-0035 for parts info

Posted on Sep 06, 2008

MicrowaveSvc
  • 8820 Answers

SOURCE: faulty microwave function on the SHARP R-957 model (900watt)

This is a problem in one of the damper-related components, most likely the switch, but it may also be the motor or the damper door.

The damper is a door inside that opens or closes depending on cooking mode. If the controller senses that the door is not in the right position, it will shut down the cook cycle.

Sharp models stop after 59 seconds.

See the attached sample photo for a typical damper assembly.

Info on ordering Sharp UK parts / spares is here.

We're happy to help you with free advice and we'd appreciate your thoughtful rating of our answer.

William E. Miller
prototech@usa.net
http://www.microwavedisplay.com

2fe4c9c.jpg

Posted on Dec 13, 2008

  • 1309 Answers

SOURCE: the internal 8a ceramic fuse

Don't know if this a regular problem with this unit, but for this fuse to blow, there must be a problem further downstream. Maybe with the power supply or the Magnatron.

Posted on Sep 07, 2010

Add Your Answer

Uploading: 0%

my-video-file.mp4

Complete. Click "Add" to insert your video. Add

×

Loading...
Loading...

Related Questions:

1 Answer

Microwave Dead


Having 20 year experience fixing microwaves i know that when the fuse goes that if you can't find a melted wire or overheated components on the circuit board that the high voltage capacitor at the back needs to be replaced. Sometimes you have to replace the magnetron too. You can replace the door switches if you like, microswitches are inexpensive but would only be bad if arced inside so bad that you read over 1 ohm.

Nov 25, 2013 | Microwave Ovens

2 Answers

GE JVM1850CH06 MICROWAVE


the panel display is fried. you'll need to remove and replace it...this the sort of thing you enjoy doing?

May 23, 2008 | GE XL1800 1100 Watts Microwave Oven

1 Answer

What keeps blowing my fuse on my Sharp R-1480 microwave oven ?


A short circuit diode will do that or shorted turns in the magnetron high voltage transformer, or the magnetron or a sticky/contaminated door switch.
Hope that helps.

Oct 24, 2010 | Sharp R-1480 Microwave Oven

2 Answers

The internal 8a ceramic fuse has blown on my Sharp platinum collection 900w microwave oven, model R-957. fuse is marked F8AH 240V and is located on a small circuit board inside the rear of the oven. is...


Don't know if this a regular problem with this unit, but for this fuse to blow, there must be a problem further downstream. Maybe with the power supply or the Magnatron.

Sep 07, 2010 | Sharp R-1874 Convection/Microwave Oven

1 Answer

I have this unit and it just stopped working. NOTHING! NADA! My wife said the circuit had flipped but no one was cooking anything at the time. Do these things just short out? Lights, fan and microwave...


If the model number is correct, there is a 125V, 20 AMP line fuse inside the microwave. Its usually mounted at the point where the power cord enters the back of the unit. Unfortunately, you will need to uninstall the oven, UNPLUG it and remove the exterior case to access. The case comes off in various ways depending on manufacture and model. I found this illustration at searspartsdirect.com based on the model number you listed this question under:

http://www.searspartsdirect.com/partsdirect/showSubComp.pd?imageUrl=http%3a%2f%2fc.searspartsdirect.com%2flis_png%2fPLDM%2f50026410-00007.png

The line fuse is listed as item 8 (part number 3B74133K). There is a another fuse listed as item 2 (part number 3B72974C), but this is a thermal fuse for the fan motor.

You can usually purchase a box of fuses at a hardware store for just a little more than what the manufacturer charges for a single fuse. 125V, 20AMP Ceramic Slow Blow fuses are recommended. If you wish to order on line, use the part numbers to search by comparison as the model number you listed this question under is not available at all the websites I have provided. The parts, however, ARE listed.

If you have any questions, or need additional assistance troubleshooting, please post back and let me know. I hope you find this information helpful.

NOTE: Make sure you take any resistance readings with the microwave UNPLUGGED and the component under test isolated (removed) from the circuit. To answer your initial question, "yes", these ovens can blow a fuse by simply sitting idle. This can occur from any power fluctuations, brown outs, voltage spikes, etc. Or, it could be the symptom of a component that may have failed. If you find any of the internal fuses blown and replace it, only to have it blow again, you have a more significant problem than a simple blown fuse.

Apr 27, 2010 | LG LMVM1935 Convection/Microwave Oven

1 Answer

Microwave blows fuse when turn on


If it is blowing an internal fuse it could be a lot of things.

-short in the motor
-short in one of the other components
- gunk/dust could be causing a short

If it is your house circuit breaker/fuse then either the microwave draws too much current/amps for the circuit and you should try another circuit or you already have too many things/appliances plugged into the same circuit (not necessarily the same outlet) and need to unplug one or more of them so that the 'fuse' doesn't blow.

Kugellager

Nov 07, 2009 | Sharp R-1460 Microwave Oven

1 Answer

Sharp microwave stopped working


Is it totally dead? No display? Or just does not cook? If it made an unusual noise before it 'died' something probably shorted out.... You need an ohm meter to troubleshoot. If the fuse is open, switches and HV circuit need to be checked before replacing fuse. Sometimes on the convection Microwaves (not just Sharp) the fuse will 'rust' and open rather than blow. Or the fuse holder can over heat and fail.

Sep 11, 2009 | Sharp Microwave Ovens

2 Answers

Ewave over the stove microwave fuse blows when I


The light is the only thing that comes on when you open door. You either have a shorted door switch (Micro switch) or a shorted bulb. You have either a shorted bulb or bad socket. From my experience, it's the bulb. Just because it may seem to start to come on when you open the door, it's most likely bad. At least it not expensive.
Please rate solution

Aug 28, 2009 | Microwave Ovens

1 Answer

Please help me


Q - My microwave went dead when I opened the door ( same problem as closed the door ).
A - This often is a stuck or faulty door switch and it has blown the interior microwave fuse.
Q - My microwave is completely dead.
A - House fuse has blown or interior fuse inside the microwave has blown ( usually a part inside the microwave makes this fuse blow ) Sometimes a bad fuse holder inside the microwave cannot hold the fuse tight enough and the fuse will blow as well. 
Q - My microwave blows the fuse inside itself as soon as I push the start button.
A - Usually a shorted high voltage capacitor...see components section.
Q - I burnt something in my microwave and now it is dead...help!
A - The fuse inside the microwave may have blown, but more commonly the flame/oven thermostat has sensed the over cooked food and the flame/oven/cavity thermostat has opened up - Info on that 
Q - My microwave seems to shut off every once in a while, what might be wrong?
A - Make sure you hear the fan is still operating in your microwave. Next is to make sure the air intake grill on your microwave is not plugged up with air borne dust and dirt.
Q - The microwave makes a loud "hum or buzz" noise but will not heat up the food?
A - 9 times out of 10 this is usually this is a bad magnetron, the other time is sometimes a bad high voltage diode. See components section.





Jan 02, 2009 | Sharp R-242 Microwave Oven

Not finding what you are looking for?
Sharp R-1500 Microwave Oven Logo

Related Topics:

172 people viewed this question

Ask a Question

Usually answered in minutes!

Top Sharp Microwave Ovens Experts

William Miller
William Miller

Level 3 Expert

8820 Answers

Devabhakthuni...
Devabhakthuni...

Level 2 Expert

224 Answers

Donald DCruz
Donald DCruz

Level 3 Expert

17129 Answers

Are you a Sharp Microwave Oven Expert? Answer questions, earn points and help others

Answer questions

Manuals & User Guides

Loading...