Question about Garmin nuvi 205 GPS Receiver
Cannot use any other functions , have tried to reset , but to no avail , i thought the nuvi came pre loaded with maps??
This is easy. You have to run your software, select the maps tap and then transfer maps to the device. Chances are good you uploaded a 2009 map on top of the 2008 map. The updater doesn't delete maps.
Your unl file only has one key, you have two maps loaded. Simple go into the garmin directory and delete the map file and the mapsupp file. You can easily find them because they are greater than 500 mb.
Then run mapinstall (google for the file). This will install your most current map to the Nuvi. You are back in business.
Posted on Apr 12, 2009
First you will want to empty your recycling bin & clear your
temporary internet files before re-downloading the Garmin_RMU_2010B.exe
Below is the remainder of the fix I received from Garmin support and it worked for my unit. Hope this helps.
1. Extract the downloaded file Garmin_RMU_2010B.exe using 7zip(7zip.org) or WINRAR.
http://downloads.sourceforge.net/sevenzip/7z465.exe 32 bit
http://downloads.sourceforge.net/sevenzip/7z465-x64.msi 64 bit
2. After extracting, the files should be available at the location where you extracted the files.
3. Go to the extracted file location. Click on the Windows folder.
4. Right click on the Setup.exe file and Click Create Shortcut
5. Right click on the Shortcut to Setup.exe file and Click Properties
6. In the target line add " -build_map_image 006-D0783-04 " at the end of setup.exe". For example the end would look like xxx\Setup.exe" -build_map_image 006-D0783-04
7. Click Apply and OK.
8. Double click on the Shortcut to Setup.exe the map file will be built. Leave the Window open till completion of all steps. 9a. Windows XP: Click on Start>Run, then type in %Temp%. Another window will open.
9b. Windows Vista: Click on the Start Button, in the Start Search, type %temp%. Another window will open.
10. The file is placed in subfolder named 006-D0783-04.
11. Copy the gmapprom.img file from the folder to the Garmin folder on the Nuvi. (Double click on MyComputer>Nuvi drive>Garmin folder) Overwrite the existing file.
12. The Nuvi should now have the lower 49 installed. If you have any trouble with this fix, or are not comfortable trying it please call our Software Support Department at 1-800-800-1020. Please be at a computer that has high speed internet access as we may need to log on to your computer to resolve the issue. Make sure you have the program extracted using the 7 zip program provided above. Hours of Operation Monday – Friday: 8 am – 7 pm Central time (closed holidays)
With Best Regards,
Software Support Specialist
913-440-8280 (fax) Att: Joyce K
Posted on Apr 28, 2009
a 6ya expert can help you resolve that issue over the phone in a minute or two.
best thing about this new service is that you are never placed on hold and get to talk to real repairmen in the US.
the service is completely free and covers almost anything you can think of (from cars to computers, handyman, and even drones).
click here to download the app (for users in the US for now) and get all the help you need.
Posted on Jan 02, 2017
Tips for a great answer:
Apr 06, 2010 | Garmin nuvi 205 GPS Receiver
Mar 15, 2010 | Garmin nuvi 205 GPS Receiver
Mar 06, 2010 | Garmin nuvi 205 GPS Receiver
Jan 30, 2010 | Garmin nuvi 205 GPS Receiver
Dec 21, 2009 | Garmin nuvi 205 GPS Receiver
Dec 09, 2009 | Garmin nuvi 205W GPS Receiver
Dec 03, 2009 | Garmin nuvi 200W GPS Receiver
Oct 24, 2009 | Garmin nuvi 205 GPS Receiver
Jul 18, 2009 | Garmin nuvi 200W GPS Receiver
Jul 06, 2009 | Garmin nuvi 205W GPS Receiver
2,742 people viewed this question
Usually answered in minutes!
Step 2: Please assign your manual to a product: