Question about Garmin nuvi 250W GPS Receiver
My garmin nuvi 250w wont get out of demo mode it says my gps is turned off how do i turn it on
a 6ya expert can help you resolve that issue over the phone in a minute or two.
best thing about this new service is that you are never placed on hold and get to talk to real repairmen in the US.
the service is completely free and covers almost anything you can think of (from cars to computers, handyman, and even drones).
click here to download the app (for users in the US for now) and get all the help you need.
Posted on Jan 02, 2017
SOURCE: My Garmin Nuvi 250w
I called Garmin and they gave me a simple procedure to fix this problem. Turn the nuvi off. Plug the nuvi into a mini-usb cable connected to your PC. Wait until the nuvi screen displays a picture a nuvi connected to a PC. Disconnect the nuvi and it's fixed.
It lasted a few months before the keyboard started losing letters again. I'm going to call again and see if I can't get a permanant solution.
Posted on Apr 04, 2008
SOURCE: Won't stay on
Have you installed anything lately? Do you have any sd card installed? Usually this is the cause for it to crash. There is a reset on the bottom of the nuvi, when it locks up blank, press the reset button and see what happens...
Posted on Jul 08, 2008
If the unit indicates "software/firmware missing", then you can only try to re-install firmware by running WebUpdater again. If it doesn't work, then the unit has to be sent to service to have it re-flashed.
Posted on Jun 03, 2009
This sometimes happens because of a problem with the mini USB plug not going far enough into the back of the satnav. It appears to be fully in but it's not. It shows a picture of a satnav connected to a computer as it thinks it's connected to one. Pushing the mini USB plug in further solves the problem.
Posted on Dec 01, 2010
SOURCE: I updated maps on my
would suggest you reset the GPS and then proceed for the update again.
Follow the instructions below to reset and update your Garmin nuvi;
Performing a Standard Reset
1. Slide the power switch all the way to the left (with the Nuvi's screen facing you).
2. Hold the switch in the position for at least eight seconds.
3. Push the switch to the right to power the Nuvi back on.
Performing a Factory Reset
1. Turn your Nuvi off by sliding the power switch to the left.
2. Press your finger against the bottom right corner of the touchscreen. Hold your finger in this position.
3. Slide the power switch to the right to turn the Nuvi back on. Continue to hold you finger against the screen until you see the factory reset prompt. Tap "Yes" to perform the factory reset.
1. Plug one end of the USB cable into your GPS and the other end into your desktop or laptop computer. The GPS device will load the appropriate driver automatically, and a message on your GPS tells you that it is connected to your computer via USB.
2. Open your Internet browser of choice and type in the following web addres: "http://www8.garmin.com/support/collection.jsp?product=999-99999-27 "
3. Download the appropriate version of the software for your computer (Windows or Apple) and Install the WebUpdater by following the wizard (accept defaults).
4. Click "Start," "Programs," "Garmin" and " WebUpdater" to update your firmware and your maps. Periodically check and make sure your software is current.
Posted on Dec 15, 2010
Tips for a great answer:
Sep 23, 2011 | Garmin nuvi 250W GPS Receiver
Jul 21, 2010 | Garmin nuvi 205W GPS Receiver
Dec 28, 2009 | Garmin nuvi 250W GPS Receiver
Oct 18, 2009 | Garmin nuvi 250W GPS Receiver
Oct 03, 2009 | Garmin nuvi 250W GPS Receiver
Jul 08, 2009 | Garmin nuvi 250W GPS Receiver
Jun 21, 2009 | Garmin nuvi 250W GPS Receiver
Apr 02, 2009 | Garmin nuvi 250W GPS Receiver
Feb 20, 2009 | Garmin nuvi 250W GPS Receiver
Aug 27, 2015 | Garmin nuvi 250W GPS Receiver
390 people viewed this question
Usually answered in minutes!
Step 2: Please assign your manual to a product: