When i try printing my printer displays paper not loaded correctly. To push color button and retry. The red light beside the on button also lights up. The problem is that the paper is loaded correctly. I got one sheet to go through and print but this was due to a lot of giggling about of the paper. Please help. Dont want the expense of taking it to repair shop. Incase the problem is very simple. Many thanks.
It sounds like it's a simple case of the miss-alignment of the paper sensors used to check the alignment of the paper in the tray. Many of the printers today use some type of sensor to detect the paper. Even thought the paper is loaded correctly the sensor could be missaligned. I would check the printer by first loading a page in the tray then turn the power off. Open the cover and examen the tray parpiculary around the edge of the paper. There should be a slot on both sides that sense that the paper is loaded. If either one is not contacting the paper it sends a measage to the processor that the paper is jamed. which will shut down the printer. Most sensors have a way to align them. Some are alligned using a screwdriver and some sensors are mounted on a metal bracket that can be adjusted by bending it into position. Another thing to look for is an accumulation of dust in the tray. If the sensor is a mico-switch it could porvent it from working freely. Cleaning the tray with some computer wipes will alimnate the dust problem. Sometimes a can of compressed air can be used for cleaning areas that are hard to reach any other way.
Hope this helps
- If you need clarification, ask it in the comment box above.
- Better answers use proper spelling and grammar.
- Provide details, support with references or personal experience.
Tell us some more! Your answer needs to include more details to help people.You can't post answers that contain an email address.Please enter a valid email address.The email address entered is already associated to an account.Login to postPlease use English characters only.
Tip: The max point reward for answering a question is 15.
I hope this will help you :)
* Green Power light flashes- The printer is receiving a print job, replacing an ink cartridge, charging ink, or cleaning the print head.
* RED paper light is On- If the CD/DVD try guide is open, close the CD/DVD tray guide, load paper, then press the paper button.
Your paper ran out or multiple sheets loaded at the same time . Load paper and press the paper butoon to resume printing.
* RED paper light flashes- Paper is jammed in the printer. Press the paper button to eject the jammed paper. If the light is still flashing , open the cover and remove all paper, including any jammed or torn pieces. Then reload paper and press the paper button to continue printing.
* RED Ink Light Flashes - One or more cartridges are low on ink. Check the message that appears on your screen to determine which cartridge is low, or follow the instructions in " Checking the Ink Supply". Make sure you have a replacement cartridge.
* RED Ink Light is ON- One or more cartridges are out of ink or not installed. If you have just installed a new cartridge, it may be incomaptible with the printer or incorrectly installed. Reinstall it or replace it with the correct cartridge
* RED Ink and RED paper lights flash alternately- The CD/DVD tray guide was left open when you turned on the printer or when printing on paper. Just simply close it/
* Green Power Light is Off; RED paperand RED Ink Lights flashing- Paper may be blocking movement of the print head. Turn off the printer, then open the cover and remove any jammed paper or other foreign objects. Turn the printer back on again. Or it may have an internal error. Turn off the printer, wait a few seconds, then turn it on again.
If the ink light is on steady red, that means the black or color ink cartridge is nearly empty. Obtain a replacement black or color ink cartridge. To know which cartridge is out of ink, check the ink levels using EPSON Status Monitor 3 (Windows) or EPSON Status
Monitor (Macintosh). If you just replaced the cartridges before you got the error light, that means that the replacement cartridge is not recognized by your printer. Please reseat cartridges. Then turn the printer on and off. The cartridges maybe bad also. If the paper light is on steady red, try to reload 10-20 sheets of regular paper into your printer. When printing on CD/DVD, CD/DVD tray is not inserted in the printer. Insert the CD/DVD tray in the printer and press the paper button.Could also be that the printer has loaded more than one sheet of paper at a time. Load paper in the sheet feeder, and then press the paper button to resume printing. If the CD/DVD guide is open, close
the CD/DVD guide, load paper and then press the paper button.
Please make sure that the paper that you are using is included under the printer's paper compatibility list. Make sure that you are selecting the correct paper type on printer settings. Trash and re-install the drivers.
Disconnect the printer from the computer. Turn it off & make sure the CD/DVD tray is closed then turn it back on.
Here's generic instruction for you:
If you are receiving an error pertaining to the CD TRAY NOT BEING INSERTED CORRECTLY, please do the following:
Recommendations: -Don't force the CD/DVD tray into the printer. -Make sure your printer is powered on, and the output tray is in the upper position. -Please ensure there is at least 3 inches of space behind the printer, or the CD tray may eject.
Included, are the correct CD/DVD loading instructions. Please follow the instructions below:
CD/DVD LOADING: 1. Ensure the printer is powered on. Remove any paper from the sheet feeder. 2. Push in the paper support extension on the printer, and close the paper support. 3. Push in the output tray extensions, but leave the tray open. 4. Lift the output tray. Place one hand on the top of the printer, and pull up on the output tray until it stops. Lay the tray down in the upper position. 5. Place the CD or DVD into the CD TRAY with the white (or printable) side facing up. Note: To print on small 8cm CDs, please place the small CD ring on the tray first, then place the CD inside the ring. 6. Slide the tray into the tray guides located in the output tray. Push in the guide until the arrow on the tray matches up to the arrow on the tray guide. 7. Press the PAPER button to load the CD/DVD into the printing position. The CD is correctly loaded when the printer's POWER button stops flashing.
General tips for CD and DVD printing: -Burn data/video/images onto CDs or DVDs before attempting to print on them. -Do not use thermal-printable or regular CDs or DVDs in the printer. -Moisture or fingerprints on the printable surface of the CD may cause marks or smearing to appear after printing. -All printable inkjet media is different. Some surfaces will absorb ink better than others. If output appears banded, faded, or streaky, print a Nozzle Check pattern to confirm that all colors of ink are printing completely. If the ink does not completely dry or smears after 24 hours curing time, you may need to use the Epson Print CD tools to adjust (lower) the print density. -The only supported resolution for CD/DVD printing is 1440 dpi (aka "Photo") -Borderless printing and printing on the "inner circle" (plastic around central hole) of CDs is not supported. -Do not use the "print preview" feature provided by the Epson printer driver as it will only show the image on a blank field and does not offer a clear indicator of where the image will print. -The Epson Print CD software works best with JPG images and may not import some TIFF images.
Turn printer off.
Hold down the Stop, B&W, and the Color buttons.
Press the ON button.
The LCD screen should flash 3 times.
Release the Stop, B&W and Color buttons
Press the Color button again.
Then turn the printer off and back on.
1. Make sure your unit is powered and not printing.
2. Press the SETUP button and then use the select arrows until you see REPLACE INK, then press the COLOR COPY button. The ink cartridges will move to the replacement position.
3. Lift up the unit's cover, to access the ink cartridges.
4. Pinch the tabs on the front and back of the cartridge, and lift it out of the printer.
5. Before removing the new cartridge from it's package, shake the cartridge 4-5 times. Do not shake the cartridge once it has been removed from the cartridge holder.
6. Lower the new cartridge into its holder, then press down on the top of the cartridge until it clicks in place. Caution: Don't touch the green circuit board on the back of the cartridge, as you may inhibit normal operation and printing.
7. Repeat steps 4-6 for any other ink cartridges that require replacement.
8. Once complete, please lower the scanner and press it down until it clicks into place. The EPSON Stylus RX500 begins charging the ink delivery system.
The On light flashes and the EPSON Stylus RX500 makes noise. Charging takes about 30 seconds. When it's finished, the On light stops flashing and stays on steady. At this point press COPY to move back to COPY mode.
Caution: Never turn off the EPSON Stylus RX500 while the On light is flashing, unless the Stylus RX500 hasn't moved or made noise for more than 5 minutes.
If you haven't already done so, look into the printer roller areas, and look for a piece of paper stuck somewhere, or maybe a paperclip or other foreign object which has found it's way into the mechanicals. Also, check the printhead assembly for free movement.