- If you need clarification, ask it in the comment box above.
- Better answers use proper spelling and grammar.
- Provide details, support with references or personal experience.
Tell us some more! Your answer needs to include more details to help people.You can't post answers that contain an email address.Please enter a valid email address.The email address entered is already associated to an account.Login to postPlease use English characters only.
Tip: The max point reward for answering a question is 15.
you will need to take it to a repair man. I have been fixing these units for over 3 years now. If the fan is spinning up that fast it could damage the motherboard of the unit. Or you could be spot on by saying the disc sounds like its spinning up wrong. I have seen dust obstructions in these systems and that could cause it to spin up unbalanced, or a feed arm to touch the side of the disc and make a sharp and loud scratch sound. Either way it is fixable if you need my help just e-mail me email@example.com
Hello This is a sign that the ps3 has become a heat issue.First power down the ps3.Then get a can of compressed air,sold at staples or any pc repair shop. Blow out all dust and dirt from ps3.Pay close attention to cooling fans.It may be a good idea to remove cover and clean out internal fans and motherboard. Once done wipe ps3 clean and reinstall it in a well vented area. Try ps3 again. If you still have no luck then the graphics chip may be fried.But check all your cables first.
1. First shut down the system by flipping the power switch in the back off.
2. Hold down the eject disc button.
3. While still holding down the eject button, flip the power switch to turn back on your PS3.
4. When the green light comes on, wait a few seconds then tap the eject button a couple times. The fan will run on full power and the disc will eject.
This is unfortunately due to the Blu Ray lens developing a fault within the disk drive or becoming dirty. Usually it will still play DVD's but not Blu Ray discs or games. You could try a laser lens cleaning disc but 9 times out of 10 this doesnt usually work. I am guessing this is the new PS3 slim model you have trouble with, which I am pretty sure are still under a year old from launch date. In which case I would give Sony a ring as this should still be under warranty. They should offer you a replacement free of charge.