Question about Toshiba (K000006610) for Satellite P25 Series Motherboard
Toshiba P25 laptop won't run on ac power alone and replacement battery didn't help and replacement power cords didn't help; sometimes it will run fine and other times just shuts down out of the blue. i love my laptop but miss her
Check that the AC power works, go to a repair shop and test a different one or have voltages checked with a multimeter.
If the AC adapter is fine, then it is usuall because AC socket solder joints on laptop are broken. In this case , it is a delicate repair, and must be done by an expert repairman.
Posted on Dec 13, 2008
Tips for a great answer:
Jun 21, 2011 | Motherboards
Jun 20, 2011 | Toshiba Motherboards
Symptoms of a broken power jack
1. If you wiggle the power cord or the AC Adapter connector on the back of the laptop, the power LED and battery charge LED start to flicker.
2. Battery will not charge in the laptop.
3. Laptop runs fine off a charged battery.
4. With the AC Adapter connected the laptop appears to be dead.
No power LED or battery charge LED activity.
5. Laptop randomly powers off without any warning.
If your laptop is out of warranty, then you can fix the problem by re-soldering DC-IN jack on the system board. If it
May 17, 2011 | Motherboards
Apr 07, 2010 | Toshiba Satellite (K000004080) Motherboard
Feb 19, 2009 | Toshiba (K000006610) for Satellite P25...
Dec 30, 2008 | Toshiba (K000006610) for Satellite P25...
Jan 24, 2008 | Intel D865GBF Motherboard
1,100 people viewed this question
Usually answered in minutes!