We have inherited a Dimplex Electric Fireplace with a remote control.
Fireplace works very well, lots of heat. However we cannot get the remote control to turn it on and off. We put a fresh battery in today - the led light on the remote comes on, as it did before we changed the battery,but no change to the 'fire'.
Where is the remote receptor button on the fireplace located? We have looked for it but cannot locate.
Also, is there a way to make the flames higher and brighter? How do we change bulbs? Can't figure out our access into the fireplace.
The previous owner is deceased, so we can't consult with HER!
The fireplace is a Dimplex 'Air Heater' 120VAC model # 6901860400.
There appears to be no such category in your list of products below.
Thank you so much.
- If you need clarification, ask it in the comment box above.
- Better answers use proper spelling and grammar.
- Provide details, support with references or personal experience.
Tell us some more! Your answer needs to include more details to help people.You can't post answers that contain an email address.Please enter a valid email address.The email address entered is already associated to an account.Login to postPlease use English characters only.
Tip: The max point reward for answering a question is 15.
take out fireplace flame, 4 screws, in the middle is a thin sq. black box 1.5 inchs sq. with an insulated screw driver pull it forward. you should here beep, if u do- unplug-get a good tape,put tape to keep it forward, what happens is it pulled backwards and the two pins slipped out of the circuit board. dust while u arre in there. hope that works for u. mine is working.keep fingers ccrossed. HAPPY HOLIDAYS
Not an unusual problem with any electric fireplace heater. I suspect the overheat circuit has shut the heating element down. Or the element has burned up (that's not unusual either).
In any event, turn the fireplace OFF and unplug it. Wait 30 minutes before plugging it back in. During that time, the overheat circuit may reset itself. If that fails to solve the problem call The Technical Service Dept of Dimplex USA at 888-346-7539, Monday - Friday, 8:00 a.m. - 4:30 p.m. EST. If it ends up needing parts, you can order them at that time.
Have the Model # and Serial # of the fireplace, handy. As you will need to provide that information to them, as well as the date of purchase.
Lisa, apparently there was an electrical overload in the receiver box. I assume this electric stove is new and still under warranty. In which case, armed with your Proof of Purchase, you need to contact Dimplex USA or the retailer you purchased it from.
This is a constant problem for ALL electric fireplaces with heaters. Either the Owners Manual fails to the manufacturer not telling you that the heating elements need routine cleaning, because they are sucking in household air to heat it and send it back out, So whatever is float in your household air (dust, lint & pet hair) near the floor goes into it, clogs it up and causes the heating element to overheat and fail. Or customers who have purchased these units don't read the Owners Manual.
These units, no matter who the manufacturer is were not designed to heat for long periods of time. In fact the heater element doesn't produce much more heat that a blow drier on high heat.
The heater and the blower and are in the lower compartment of the firebox. If you can access it, you can clean it with a shop vac and a brush attachment on the end of the hose. Be sure to unplug the fireplace from the wall outlet before attempting this. If cleaning it doesn't help, the blower motor will have to be replaced. You can order one from Dimplex USA.
This is an on going problem with electric fireplace/stove type heaters of all types. Not just Dimplex. They are not designed to run for long periods of time and the heat output is not much more than a blower dryer. In any event, they take in cool air, heat it and send it back out. Over time, the heating element becomes clogged with dust, lint and/or pet air. So, they have to work harder to produce a sufficient amount of heat. Cleaning the heating element with a vacuum that has a hose and brush attachment may help. The heating element and blower are under the stove. See your Owners Manual on how to access it. Be sure to unplug the stove before trying to service/clean it.
My friend just had the same problem. It turned out to be the Remote Control box,( the little box you plug the Fireplace into so you can use the Remote). He just plugged the Fireplace straight into the wall outlet, (without the Remote) and now it works fine.