Welcome to Fixya
Here's the procedure:
1. Shutdown the laptop and remove the AC adapter
. Disconnect any devices, such as a printer or external DVD-ROM
or drive, that are attached to the laptop
2. Remove the laptop battery
. Turn the laptop upside down, slide the battery
release latch and then pull the battery out of the bay.
3. Unscrew the hard drive cover. Grab the hard drive tab and shift
the hard drive to the left to unplug it. Lift the hard drive out of the
4. Unscrew and remove the PCI memory cover, the optical drive cover, and switch cover.
5. Unscrew the two screws that hold the keyboard to the base, these
are located in the middle of the rear panel. Flip the laptop over so it
is right side up, open and remove the keyboard by using the keyboard
release switches located above the keyboard. Next, unplug the Toshiba Qosmio E15-AV101 Fan cable.
6. Close the laptop and turn it over so it is bottom up. Unscrew the display assembly screws located under the laptop screen hinges
Turn the laptop over so it is right side up. Open the laptop and unplug
the display assembly cable and disconnect the wireless antenna from the
display assembly. Unscrew the display assembly from the laptop base and
7. Unplug the mouse pad cable
Turn the laptop over so the bottom side is up and unscrew the base
screws which are located along all four sides of the laptop base. Gently
remove the base of the laptop.
8. Turn the laptop over so it is right side up. Unplug the fan
cable from the circuit board. Unscrew the screws holding the Toshiba
Qosmio E15-AV101 CPU fan assembly to the laptop. Lift the fan assembly
out of the laptop.
9. Insert the new Toshiba Qosmio E15-AV101 CPU fan assembly into
the lap top. Screw the assembly unit to the lap top and plug the Toshiba Qosmio E15-AV101 CPU cooling fan
cable into the circuit board.
10. Reassemble the laptop by repeating the previous steps in reverse order.
Thank you for using Fixya!