When turned on only copy button lit and a red exclamation lighton
I had a paper jam a while ago and cleared it and printed more pictures and it worked fine and then it wouldn't work 2 days later the red exclamation button lights up and the green copy one but no other buttons work. An lcd message printing error contact service if necessary.I know printers are cheap but I've just put all new inks in as well and this printerhas more colours than some others.Can anyone help for xmas?
a 6ya expert can help you resolve that issue over the phone in a minute or two.
best thing about this new service is that you are never placed on hold and get to talk to real repairmen in the US.
the service is completely free and covers almost anything you can think of (from cars to computers, handyman, and even drones).
click here to download the app (for users in the US for now) and get all the help you need. goodluck!
- If you need clarification, ask it in the comment box above.
- Better answers use proper spelling and grammar.
- Provide details, support with references or personal experience.
Tell us some more! Your answer needs to include more details to help people.You can't post answers that contain an email address.Please enter a valid email address.The email address entered is already associated to an account.Login to postPlease use English characters only.
Tip: The max point reward for answering a question is 15.
I think you should take all unused papers out, close tray and predd print button. If there is paper in the system, it may come out. A red light may also flash asking you to load papers. Now lod the papers and the red light will go off. Put a printed paper and try copying. If it copies, you are ok. Now print from your cpmputer command. If it prints you are ok. If it does not and you get paper jam warning, there may be a small piece of paper stuck in the system. You have to open each feeder and see if you find anything. Good luck.
You can diagnose most problems by checking the control panel LED's for ink out, paper-out or copier problem. If a problem occurs while you're printing, you'll see an error message in the progress window on your computer. It may also be helpful to try running a printer nozzle check.
See the following message problems and solutions:
Error Message Probable CauseNo color or black ink cartridge - - > Press the Color Copy button to install a new ink cartridge.The indicated cartridge is not installed or it is installed incorrectly.Color or black ink out - - > Press the Color Copy button to begin replacing the ink cartridge.The indicated cartridge is out of inkInk cartridge error - - > Press the Color Copy button to begin replacing the ink cartridge.There is something wrong with the ink cartridge.Paper jam or misfeed - - > Press the Color Copy button and clear the paper jam by hand if necessary.Paper is jammed. Press the Color Copy button to clear the jam. See the User's Guide for more troubleshooting tips.Paper out - - > Load paper in the sheet feeder and press the Color Copy button.Paper is out. Load paper in the sheet feeder, then press the Color Copy button to continue printing.Scanner unit open - - > Close the scanner unit.Scanner cover open. Carefully lower the scanner cover and press it down until it clicks securely into place.Scanner error - - > See your documentation and call Service if necessary.Press
the On button to turn off the EPSON CX3200. Check the transportation
lock and unlock it, if necessary. Turn on your EPSON CX3200 again. If
the error message still appears, contact your dealer or EPSON.Printer error - - > See your documentation and call Service if necessary.Press
the On button to turn off the EPSON CX3200, then press it again to turn
it back on. If the message still appears, contact your dealer or EPSON.
The blinking triangle indicates one of the following: Paper tray is empty, Door open, Paper jam, Misfeed from tray.
To fix it:
Verif that the print cartridge is present and that the print-cartridge door is closed correctly.
Verify that media is present in the input tray.
Clear any jams and perform paper-path functional checks.
To reset the printer after a jam, press the Go button.
You might need to clear the error manually, and press the Go button or close the top cover
hi i have problem with my brother prinetr MFC-8460N IT SHOWS DOCUMENT JAM ALSO MESSAGE ON SCREN CLEAR THE SCANNER JAM THEN PRESS THE STOP KEY STATUS SHOWS RED LIGHT WE ARE NOT USING SCANNER WE ONLY USE FAX AND COPY RIGHT NOW BLUE LIGHT IS ON FAX AND WHEN I PRESS COPY BUTTON IS NOT ALLOWING ME PLEASE ADVISE
Clear the printer queue on the computer (double-click the printer icon in the tray or in the Printers and Faxes folder and cancel all documents listed). Then power off the printer and disconnect the power - remove the paper from the paper tray until you have the printer memory cleared as to not waste paper.
Hi in this case the paper jam made some sensor through the paper road they are not in normal position or still tigger on by piece of something or error stander. you may try:
1) check paper input sensor near paper tray roller\
2) check margin sensor inside paper way before drum unit
3) check fuser sensor near fuser unit
4) check paper output sensor near output tray roller
sometime need sensor adjustment back to normal position
Manual Feed Command. 1. Press the Job Cancel button to cancel the print job. Delete the print job in the print queue on the computer. You can quickly access the print queue by double clicking the Printer icon in the task tray or dock.
2. Turn the printer power switch OFF on the right side of the printer. Check that the front cover is closed.
3. Turn the printer power switch ON while holding down the GO button until the Toner, Drum, and Paper LEDs are lit.
4. Release the GO button. All LEDs will be off.
5. Press the GO button 8 times. The green Status LED will flash briefly while the printer is reset. After the printer is reset the Status LED will be lit green.
6. Print the Print Settings by pressing the GO button three times. If the Print Settings pages do not print and the Paper LED is on again skip to the next section - No Paper in the Paper Cassette.
If the Print Settings pages print, the problem is isolated to printing from your computer. The Paper Source of the Brother printer driver or program you are printing from may be set to MP Tray or Manual, instead of Auto Select, Tray 1, or Tray 2 (if the optional paper tray is installed). To check the Paper Source setting of most programs, click File and Page Setup or Page Layout. You may need to click the Paper Source tab or Paper tab depending on your software application. Verify that in the Paper Source section does not list MP Tray or Manual. Choose Auto Select, or another relevant source such as Tray 1. Click OK. Try printing the document again.
No paper in the paper cassette. 1. Pull the paper tray completely out of the printer.
2. Insert the letter or legal size paper into the paper tray with the top edge of the paper first and the print side down. Make sure that the paper is flat in the tray and below the maximum paper mark. If using a paper size other than letter or legal, the paper should be loaded in the MP Tray. The MP Tray can print on paper from 2.75 in. by 4.57 in. up to8.5 in. by 16 in.
3. While pressing the blue paper-guide release lever, slide the paper guides to fit the paper size. Make sure that the guides are firmly in the slots. For legal size paper, press the lever located at the back of the tray and pull out of the back of the open tray.
4. ReinstalI the paper cassette back into the printer. Press the GO button. If the alarm clears, no further troubleshooting is needed. If the alarm continues, follow the steps below.
Paper Jam at Paper Pick-up. 1. Turn the printer power switch OFF on the right side of the printer.
2. Remove the paper cassette from the printer.
3. Elevate the front of the printer slightly to locate the jammed paper.
4. Gently remove the jammed paper.
5. ReinstalI the paper cassette back into the printer.
6. Turn the printer power switch ON. If the alarm clears, no further troubleshooting is needed.
LED pattern Possible Problems and Solutions Your system has some problems. If this problem occurs, contact your service representative. On Line/Error LED lights red • Paper jam occurs. To solve the problem, see “Clearing Paper Jams” on page 5.6. • The front cover is open. Close the front cover. • Paper tray is empty. Load the paper in the Tray. • The toner cartridge is out of toner. Remove the old toner cartridge and install a new one. See “Installing the Toner Cartridge” on page 2.4. • You pressed the Cancel button while the printer is receiving data. • In Manual Feed mode, there is no paper in the manual tray. Load paper into the manual tray. • If the printer is receiving data, the On Line/Error LED slowly blinks green. • If the printer is printing the received data, the On Line/ Error LED blinks green fast.