Question about Epson Stylus D88 InkJet Photo Printer
My Epson Stylus D88 Plus has a sheet of paper jammed in it. I think all torn paper is now removed. Both the 2 red leds on the ink and test buttons flash persistently. How can I get the printer back to normal operation?
1. Unplug the power and USB cables from the printer. I pried open my
C42UX printer, careful not to break anything. I use a flat blade
screwdriver to pry it apart; there are two-three tabs at the back and
two at the front. Gently push them in, and then using a bit of force
pry apart the cover.
2. Next I removed the two (2) waste ink pads. They are located at the back on the left hand side. I used the flat blade screwdriver to lift up the ink pads (they were soaked). Please use rubber gloves as it gets very messy.
3. Next I took the pads to the kitchen skin and washed them with just plain hot water until they were white again. I just let the hot water run on them (the pads are about three inches long).
4. Once washed I dried them using a hair drier. (you could place it the sun for a few hours or on top of your heater or maybe in a heated oven; (make sure you do not set it on fire with too much heat).
5. Once dried I placed the pads back in the ink waste bin at the back of the printer.
6. I closed the printer cover and put back all the pieces and plugged in the USB & power cable and turned it on. (Yes the lights are still flashing).
7. Go to this link and download this software: http://inkjetprinterhelp.us/epsonSSC.html
8. Install the software and run it.
9. Select your printer and model number ( It only says C42 there is no UX, choose it anyway).It will ask if you replaced with new pads; say “YES”. Then close the window.
10. Now right click on the SSC service utility, it looks like a printer icon near your clock in the task bar.
11. Then click on reset counters. You can do all other stuff with this utility too.
12. Turn off the printer power and then turn it on again. If necessary un-plug the power cord from the back of the printer, wait 20 seconds. Plug it back in.
13. THERE YOU GO! IT WORKS AGAIN.
14. By the way I use generic ink and I fill my own cartridges. I use ink from www.atlanticinkjet.com. Great stuff.
try this and let me know it worked or not ...
Posted on Dec 12, 2008
I would open all doors, and look very carefully with a small flashlight if you see any traces of paper, especially on the sides. When you've removed all paper from the paper path, turn the printer off and back on and let us know what happened.
Posted on Oct 01, 2009
Tips for a great answer:
this many sheets
Epson Bright White Paper
Epson Presentation Paper Matte
Epson Photo Paper Glossy
Epson Premium Photo Paper Glossy
Epson Ultra Premium Photo Paper Glossy
Epson Premium Photo Paper Semi-gloss
Epson Premium Presentation Paper
Epson Premium Presentation Paper Matte Double-Sided
Epson Photo Quality Self-Adhesive Sheets
Epson Iron-On Cool Peel Transfer Paper
If the paper jams, do
1. Gently pull any jammed paper out from the output
tray or sheet feeder.
2. To eject the jammed paper, try turning the Epson
Stylus NX400 off and then back on.
If that doesn't work and paper is stuck inside, turn off the Epson Stylus NX400. Open the scanner, remove the jammed paper and torn pieces, close the scanner, and turn the Epson Stylus NX400 back on.
Aug 17, 2012 | Epson Stylus NX400 InkJet Printer
Jul 06, 2011 | Epson Stylus Photo R220 InkJet Printer
Jun 06, 2011 | Epson NX215 All-In-One InkJet Printer
Mar 07, 2011 | Epson Stylus Multifunction Inkjet Printer/...
Feb 13, 2011 | Epson STYLUS R230 InkJet Photo Printer
Nov 17, 2010 | Epson Stylus CX7800 All-In-One InkJet...
Jun 02, 2010 | Epson Stylus Multifunction Inkjet Printer/...
May 18, 2010 | Epson Stylus CX9400 Photo Printer
Aug 02, 2009 | Epson RX595 Photo All-In-One Printer
Dec 22, 2007 | Epson Stylus Photo R1800 InkJet Printer
1,120 people viewed this question
Usually answered in minutes!