Question about Dryers
I took the dryer apart and found a broken belt. Now I need to know how to install the new one I can't see the motor. System is sealed well.
Okay...follow these steps:
1. UNPLUG the dryer before servicing.
2. Lift the lint screen door on top if the dryer and remove lint screen.
3. Remove the two screws under the lint screen door.
4. With the screws removed, the top panel will slide towards you, then lift up. Open the panel up and rest against the wall.
5. Carefully disconnect the door switch connector plug (white plastic connector).
6. With the door securely closed, remove the two screws that hold the front panel in place. There should be one screw on the interior cabinet on either side. Position your body to hold the panel in place as you remove the screws in order to prevent the panel from falling.
7. With the door latch disconnected and screws removed, the entire front panel should lift up and off. Set aside.
8. You should have access to the dryer interior now. The drum is designed to be removable. You can replace the belt with the drum in place, or remove it. The choice is yours. NOTE: This is a good time to remove the drum and inspect the dryer interior for lint build up and lubricate the drum roller supports.
9. The following link will explain how to properly route the dryer belt on your dryer:
Scroll down to "Whirlpool". You should be using diagram H.
NOTE: If you removed the drum, make sure it is properly re-installed before installing the belt. This is accomplished by inserting the back of the drum so the rear groove rests on top of the rollers. While holding it in place and supporting the front of the drum, slowly rotate clockwise until you feel the rollers engage into the groove.
10. Re-install front panel by aligning the two small square holes on the back of the front panel bottom with the two small black cleats on the side panel front edges. This may require assistance if you cannot accomplish on your own. Insert panel and hold in place as you reinstall screws.
11. IMPORTANT: Reconnect door switch connector plug or dryer will not run.
12. Lower top panel back in place and re-install the two screws under the lint screen door.
I hope you find this information helpful. If you require further assistance, please let me know.
Posted on Dec 12, 2008
a 6ya expert can help you resolve that issue over the phone in a minute or two.
best thing about this new service is that you are never placed on hold and get to talk to real repairmen in the US.
the service is completely free and covers almost anything you can think of (from cars to computers, handyman, and even drones).
click here to download the app (for users in the US for now) and get all the help you need.
Posted on Jan 02, 2017
Tips for a great answer:
Sep 29, 2011 | Dryers
on Mar 06, 2010 | Dryers
Jun 27, 2010 | Whirlpool LER4634J Electric Dryer
Aug 01, 2009 | Whirlpool Dryers
Mar 28, 2009 | Whirlpool LER5636P Electric Dryer
Feb 03, 2009 | Kenmore 73952 Gas Dryer
Jan 02, 2009 | Dryers
Jun 26, 2017 | Dryers
136 people viewed this question
Usually answered in minutes!