Question about HTC G1
I would like to have root access & all that stuff so I can use the auto rotate feature on my G1
Look it up on youtube but you will void your warranty
Posted on Aug 05, 2010
Go to xda-developers.com and read the G1 forums. They'll tell you more than you want to know.
Posted on Jul 24, 2009
a 6ya expert can help you resolve that issue over the phone in a minute or two.
best thing about this new service is that you are never placed on hold and get to talk to real repairmen in the US.
the service is completely free and covers almost anything you can think of (from cars to computers, handyman, and even drones).
click here to download the app (for users in the US for now) and get all the help you need.
Posted on Jan 02, 2017
Tips for a great answer:
Apr 27, 2011 | HTC G1
1. Download RC33 update from Google here.
2. Rename the download file from signed-PLAT-RC33-from-RC30.f06aa9b3.zip to update.zip,
and place it at the root i.e the very top directory of your Micro SD
card. (If you added the file to your microSD card by connecting the
handset to your computer via USB [rather than using a dedicated microSD
card reader], make sure to unmount it and disconnect the USB cable now.
3. Turn off your G1 Make sure it's
completely powered off. Now again turn it on by holding the Home+End
keys until you see T-Mobile G1 logo.
4. From the icon screen, open the keyboard and hit Alt+L.
5. Press Alt+S to begin the update. Remember, the update needs to be in the root of the Micro SD card and needs to be named update.zip.
6. Once it finishes, follow the onscreen instructions and press Home+Back to finish.
7. G1 Phone will reboot a few times to flash different parts of the firmware.
If all went well, you should now be running the latest update, RC33. Enjoy your new, shiny RC33 update, complete with Google Latitude!
To make sure all your hard work wasn't for nothing, hit Menu > Settings > About Phone > scroll to Build Number. You should see RC33 in there somewhere.
Mar 23, 2011 | HTC G1
Sep 01, 2010 | HTC G1
Apr 25, 2010 | HTC G1
Mar 29, 2010 | HTC G1
Jan 16, 2010 | HTC G1
Oct 25, 2009 | HTC G1
Sep 12, 2009 | HTC G1
1,276 people viewed this question
Usually answered in minutes!