Question about American Standard Model 2373.801: Enfield Satin Nickel Widespread Faucet

1 Answer

Sink stopper will not disengage

The sink stopper on the american standard 2373.801 will not disengage...what do I do?

Posted by on


1 Answer

  • Level 2:

    An expert who has achieved level 2 by getting 100 points


    An expert that gotĀ 5 achievements.


    An expert whose answer gotĀ voted for 20 times.


    An expert who has answered 20 questions.

  • Expert
  • 101 Answers

Hi Im here to help. There is a lift rod that is connected to a pivoit rod that lifts the pop-up drain up and down. If this has become disconnected, or broken. heres a link (scrool down) to a picture of how it works.
Please remember to leave me some good feedback! Thankyou.

Posted on Dec 16, 2008


1 Suggested Answer

  • 2 Answers

SOURCE: I have freestanding Series 8 dishwasher. Lately during the filling cycle water hammer is occurring. How can this be resolved

A 6ya expert can help you resolve that issue over the phone in a minute or two.
Best thing about this new service is that you are never placed on hold and get to talk to real repairmen in the US.
The service is completely free and covers almost anything you can think of (from cars to computers, handyman, and even drones).
click here to download the app (for users in the US for now) and get all the help you need.
Good luck!

Posted on Jan 02, 2017


Add Your Answer

Uploading: 0%


Complete. Click "Add" to insert your video. Add



Related Questions:

1 Answer

Pulled the drain stopper rod out and cant put it back in. how do i do it?

if you remove the actual drain mechanism you will see where the drain stopper rod goes into.It`s a hole that works on a lever. You need both hands to insert rod into and then use the other hand to find the right height position to anchor the drain stopper. You insert it from behind and then tighten the drain stopper on the drain pipe. Take your time this sounds complicated but it is quite easy. When you have it lined up you can check the operation of the rod by going up and down.And see if it holds water and then see if it drains the water..

Feb 19, 2011 | American Standard 0456.017.222 Heritage...

1 Answer

About a year ago I installed an American Standard Cadet lavatory faucet with the Speedconnect drain. When I fill the sink with water it leaks out very slowly. I have not had any success in repairing this...

Try adjusting linkage under sink,squeeze metal piece and pull off to adjust to different hole setting,you can fine tune with small screw on chrome rod,so you can pull stopper down tighter

Jan 30, 2011 | Home

1 Answer

The cable system on the pop up assembly is not working. lifting up or pushing down on the stem does not engage the plunger(in the sink drain).

One of two things can be wrong.The first is the drain plug itself has become disengaged with the plunger inside the drain line. You can check this by pulling up on the drain stopper itself, if it comes all the way out then all you need to do is to reinsert it and give it a little twist to get it reseated on the plunger hook. The other may be the drain handle on the top of the faucet may be disconnected from the rod. Open up the doors underneath the sink and inspect it. The rod should go down and the plunger handle should connect to the rod via a bent metal clip. Ensure it is in the correct position to activate the handle in the drain pipe when the top is pulled up.

Nov 29, 2010 | American Standard Swan 4 In. Bathroom...

1 Answer

Very slow drainage of a small bathroom sink. Liquid Plumber does not help

probably hair stuck in the drain. did you remove the stopper "pop up" if no hair or blockage there or in the trap, then its further down, you will need a small snake. 1/4 inch cable works well in bath and kitchen drains.
you can purchase one at home depot.

Aug 05, 2010 | American Standard Home

1 Answer

My one piece original porcelain sink and counter has an uneven hole where the stopper is to go; the new faucet I am installing will not sit evenly and leaks! HELP - how can I even out the sink or get the...

If it is truly a porcelin top then you can use a product called plumbers putty available at your local hardware store. It will conform to the shape of the drain and provide a good seal. If this is a cast marble or resin type of product then plumbers putty will void any warranty and possibly discolor the sink. Ensure it is indeed porcelin before continuing and follow the manufacturers directions for installation. Good luck with your project.

Jul 13, 2010 | American Standard Home

1 Answer

Bathroom sink needs new drain, leaks under counter

Is it a new sink? Most of the time if it's new you'll have to get more pvc pipe because the new tail piece that comes with the new faucets usually is either longer than before or shorter. Yes you can get another tail piece or you may be able to by a longer pvc piece to to hook up the the metal tail piece. Make sure you have the plastic seals inside the pipe where they attach together or it will leak. Once you have it all together close your stopper and fill the sink with water and then pull the sink stopper and watch for leaks if it dont leak then it wont leak.

Dec 30, 2009 | American Standard Cambridge 5' Americast...

2 Answers

I removed the plug on my American standard lifetime drain and it won't close now. I can't get it to hold water now. I can't find any diagrams to show how the plug should be configured to help solve the...

You have to take apart the "drain rod" assembly under the sink. There will be a rod with nut on it that goes into the drain near the sink. Take the nut off, drop the stopper in with the eye hole towards the wall and then reinstall the rod through the eye on the stopper and tighten the nut.

Oct 22, 2009 | American Standard Lifetime Drain, White

1 Answer

How do I remove an American Standard (or Delta?) pop-up drain?

Remove the lift rod and lift up the stopper.
The lift rod is under the sink and one end goes to the lift rod and the other end goes into he base of the plug.

Jul 05, 2009 | American Standard Princeton 2393.202.011...

Not finding what you are looking for?
American Standard Model 2373.801: Enfield Satin Nickel Widespread Faucet Logo

Related Topics:

221 people viewed this question

Ask a Question

Usually answered in minutes!

Top American Standard Plumbing Experts

john h

Level 3 Expert

12744 Answers

Steve Wood Plumbing...
Steve Wood Plumbing...

Level 1 Expert

21 Answers


Level 1 Expert

23 Answers

Are you an American Standard Plumbing Expert? Answer questions, earn points and help others

Answer questions

Manuals & User Guides