- If you need clarification, ask it in the comment box above.
- Better answers use proper spelling and grammar.
- Provide details, support with references or personal experience.
Tell us some more! Your answer needs to include more details to help people.You can't post answers that contain an email address.Please enter a valid email address.The email address entered is already associated to an account.Login to postPlease use English characters only.
Tip: The max point reward for answering a question is 15.
Have you tried leaving it after GENTLY closing the door once? Many have a timer so that the fan can remove condensation from the inside. If that doesn't work, you need to take it to the nearest Panasonic service centre to have the door microswitch adjusted or replaced. There are no self serviceable options with microwave ovens due to the disastrous damage operating one without the outer case can cause. The use special screws only the tech carry.
At least you have a good make, so worth having it fixed. I used Panasonic ovens in a restaurant setting.
You must remove the inside plastic door liner that surrounds the glass. It just snaps into place so usea small flat blade screw driver to pry it out. You can then replace the door key.
If the spring has detached from the door a the outer door must be replaced.
first open door an take a good sniff see if you smell any burnt smell it could be a burnt out drive motor or a broken wire there are repair shops that do that DO NOT TRY AND FIX YOUR SELF read the warning panel
The original problem, was probably caused by a bad door switch along with the fuse, now there is a good chance the control panel is damaged, you will need a professional to assess if the item is worth fixing.
Hi Colin, On our microwave , unplug first, husband just removed thewhole outer casing of microwave and pushed the button through the back, he did not touch the control panel. Hope this helpskind regardsChristine
the problem your are experiencing with your microwave oven is a failed interlock switch. Be careful when closing your microwave door. Slamming the door too hard is one of the main reasons that the interlock switch is damaged.
Slamming the microwave door shut can easily blow the microwave fuse, but they can also blow due to problems with the interlock switches. A microwave oven will not function until the fuse is replaced.
Instruction on how to replace fuse on microwave.
1. Unplug the microwave from the electrical outlet to prevent electrocution. Place the microwave in a well-lit area to be able to locate the fuse.
2. Use a screwdriver to remove the outer cabinet of the microwave, and follow the power cord to the fuse. The fuse is located 2 to 3 inches within the microwave and is attached to the power board.
3. Observe the fuse to determine if it is blown. Blown glass fuses will produce burn marks on nearby surfaces, or the internal fuse wire will be black and melted, while ceramic fuses show no outward appearance of being blown.
4. Determine if a ceramic fuse is blown by testing it with an ohmmeter. If the ohmmeter reads zero ohms, your fuse is not blown. Other readings on the ohmmeter show that your fuse is blown.
5. Replace the blown fuse by popping it out of its holder, and snapping a new fuse in its place. Tighten the fuse clips by squeezing them together with your fingers.
6. Replace the outer cabinet of the microwave, and plug the microwave back into the electrical outlet. Test the microwave to see if it's working properly.
This will be either a faulty door interlock switch or High voltage component. You will need to remove the outer cover after first disconnecting power. Discharge the high voltage capactitor!
Check the door switches are operating correctly if so move on to the high voltage components starting with the transformer