a 6ya expert can help you resolve that issue over the phone in a minute or two.
best thing about this new service is that you are never placed on hold and get to talk to real repairmen in the US.
the service is completely free and covers almost anything you can think of (from cars to computers, handyman, and even drones).
click here to download the app (for users in the US for now) and get all the help you need. goodluck!
- If you need clarification, ask it in the comment box above.
- Better answers use proper spelling and grammar.
- Provide details, support with references or personal experience.
Tell us some more! Your answer needs to include more details to help people.You can't post answers that contain an email address.Please enter a valid email address.The email address entered is already associated to an account.Login to postPlease use English characters only.
Tip: The max point reward for answering a question is 15.
The battery pack for the GP300 radio is the entire back half of the radio. There are two spring-loaded tabs, one on either side of the radio, which must be pulled down at the same time to release the battery. If the battery has been on the radio for some time, it may have dirt or debris holding the battery tight to the radio. If this occurs, while holding down the tabs, tap the battery portion of the radio on the edge of a table/countertop to dislodge it. The battery will slide downward from the radio.
Here are some troubleshooting ideas:
1) Clean your battery contacts with a pencil eraser, both on the radio and the charger (gently).
2) Have your radio turned off when placed on the charger.
3) Does the light on the charger come on when you place the battery on the charger?
4) Try another battery on the same charger and see if it will charge a different battery.
5) Try the known good battery on this radio and see if the radio functions correctly with a known good battery.
6) Try a different charger with the questionable battery and see if you can get it to charge.
7) Be certain the insert in the BPR40 charger is turned the correct direction for the type of battery you have. When inserted correctly the rails should guide the radio into place, placing the external charge contacts on the radio against the charge contacts of the charger.
8) Check the date code on your battery, if more than 2 years old, replace it.
1) Hand oil can cause a film on your battery contacts. Clean your battery contacts on both the radio and the charger with a pencil eraser and try seating the radio/battery on the charger again. Be certain the radio is turned off.
2) It is possible your battery is too low to charge. A form of jump starting would be to let the battery set on the charger for more than 3 hours to see if the light problem clears.
3) It is possible you have a bad or shorted battery. Try another known good battery on the charger to see if the charger reacts correctly with a solid red light at the beginning of a normal charge cycle.
You do not mention if you are using a wall plug charger, or a drop-in charger. We will give troubleshooting tips for both. To answer your question: If the light comes on and stays on, on the charger your charger is good. You have a radio or battery problem.
The light on the HTN8232 wall charger should come on and stay on when plugged into the radio, with the radio turned off. The fact the light comes on when the radio is turned on indicates your batteries are either no good, too low to charge, or you have a battery contact problem.
Solutions: 1) Clean your battery contacts with a pencil eraser.
2) Be certain the batteries are installed correctly.
3) Check your battery date code (three digit number on back of battery above the stop sign. First number is year, next two numbers are the week of the year. Batteries last about 2 years.)
4) Check to see your new batteries are NiCd batteries. The wall charger method is not compatible with NiMH batteries.
5) Try a charged battery from another radio and see if the charger light comes on and stays on with a different battery.
If you are using a drop-in charger, you would be using the above listed HTN8232 wall plug charger plugged into the tray. Here are some possible solutions for the drop-in charger:
1) Clean the exterior battery contacts with a pencil eraser.
2) Check to see if the wall charger will work when plugged directly into the radio.
3) If the charge capability of the radio seems compromised, take the battery out of the radio and charge it alone in the drop-in charger.
NOTE: Do not use the PTT if you are turn on the radio when plugged into the charger. This will burn out components in your radio.
The SP10 radio is known to be a repairable radio. (Generally around $69 flat rate.)
Check the conductors where the battery passes energy to the radio, ake sure the tabs are clean and bent out to make good contact. The electrical draw in the battery is much lower than just turning on the unit opposed to pushing the PTT button. Also, use a volt meter and make sure the batteries are not weak and dropping voltage when you use the PTT button. These batteries do need replaed from time to time, especially if you never allow them to run all the way down to dead. This should be done (running batteries until they're dead) once every 1-2 months on any re-chargeable battery, it will greatly extend the battery life. This is true of all re-chargeable batteries.
It is normal for a two-way radio to generate some heat, especially during extended periods of long talk time.Consumer two-way radios tend to be much more susceptible to this because they tend to be constructed out of materials that do not dissipate heat very efficiently, such as polycarbonate and plastic.Periods of heavy transmit times also use additional power, causing the radio’s batteries to run down more quickly and require replacement or recharge.Use of the display backlight feature can generate additional heat and run the unit out of battery power even more quickly.
If the radio is heating up excessively and burning through batteries (pardon the pun) in situations where you are not using the LCD backlight excessively or transmitting for long periods of time, this may be indicative of a problem with the unit that would require service, such as a short or defective component.If such is the case, I would recommend contacting the manufacturer.
With the radio OFF, switch to CHANNEL 1, press the SQUELCH and the PTT at the same time. Turn ON the power switch while keeping the PTT and SQUELCH until the LED indicator turns RED.
Release the buttons and then press the PTT to CHANGE the FREQUENCY.
Press the PTT once each time until you get to the right frequency you desire. The 8 standard frequencies are as follows: 464.500, 464.5500, 467.7625, 467.8125, 467.8500, 467.8750,467.9000 and 467.9250 MHz. Once you get to the frequency you use, wait a few seconds and listen for the confirmation tone. Each frequency has a different confirmation tone so take note in case you need to program a second radio.
After you hear the confirmation tone, press the SQUELCH to confirm, and then press the SQUELCH again to lock the new frequency. Wait until the LED turns off, then switch off your radio.
Same procedure for CHANNEL 2.
WARNING: You must be legally licensed to use any frequency on any PLMRS such as the TK-3100 series. You must also apply for FREQUENCY COORDINATION and submit FCC form 601. FCC can impose steep fines and imprisonment if they catch anyone using an unlicensed radio on a controlled frequency. Visit FCC.GOV for more information.
Check the battery first..... alot of times a person will put a battery in a chager and let it sit. They will think the battery is fully charged but it may not be...
In those battery packs there are a bunch of smaller batteries all tied together. Alot of times these commercial raios will run off of around 7 volts ( check the battery). The battery will only charge up to 7 volts if all the cells inside the battery are good.
What I'm saying is for you to charge the battery up fully..... check the voltage listed on the battery then use a volt meter to check the voltage after the battery is fully charged.
When a battery has just finished being charged usually it will be overcharged.... a 7.5 volt battery will be up around 8.5 volts for example.
So check the battery right after its charged... expect it to be overcharged. If it seems OK, put it in the raio and key the radio for a bit to try and use up some battery power.... then check it again and see if it has dropped drastically.
Your problem has to do with power... the first link in the power chain is the battery... check that out... then go to where the battery makes contact with the radio and make sure thats good.... inside the radio there will be a fuse but if thats blown you will get nothing... then the power goes to the switch.
Battery... contacts...fuse... switch... that how the power initially gets into the radio.
Most of these problems are battery related so I would check that first. If the battery does not have enough power when you transmit with the radio the radio will shut down.... turn off. If its not getting enough current the voltage will drop and once it gets low the radio shuts off. Usually with commercial stuff you will hear a "beep" when this happens.
Your problem might be power related... theres alot you can check.
the problem that you discribe sounds like maybe the radio could had some moisture or water inside, at this point dissambling the radio for drying will not work too much, you have to search for quilifided service to repair it.
Not passing the self test for any radio means a problem.
I hope this can help you