I was able to enter simulation mode for the CS-2114 copier as you said. I pressed in 78 and pressed print and it went to "98" (96?). I pressed a few buttons after nothing seemed to be happening and nothing again, and pressed stop/clear to exit. Powered machine on again and now get all black copies. How do I get back to where I was?
Hi! I checked the service manual and those numbers are not error codes.I don't know what they mean, but the black pages could be several things. According to the book, the exposure lamp could be bad. Look to see if it lights up after you push the print button. If it is not on then the lamp is probably blown. If it does light up, then you have something blocking the image from being projected on to the drum. Carefully remove the toner cart., dev. unit, and then the drum unit. Look to see if there is paper jammed anywhere. It also could be the thermal fuse mounted on the lamp assy(scanner) or a bad power board(AVR PCB) or the main circut board. You should call a local service tech for an estimate. If their a decent company they won't charge you for the estimate. Good luck!
a 6ya Technician can help you resolve that issue over the phone in a minute or two.
Best thing about this new service is that you are never placed on hold and get to talk to real repair professionals here in the US. click here to Talk to a Technician (only for users in the US for now) and get all the help you need. Goodluck!
- If you need clarification, ask it in the comment box above.
- Better answers use proper spelling and grammar.
- Provide details, support with references or personal experience.
Tell us some more! Your answer needs to include more details to help people.You can't post answers that contain an email address.Please enter a valid email address.The email address entered is already associated to an account.Login to postPlease use English characters only.
Tip: The max point reward for answering a question is 15.
This error refers to a discrepancy between the HDD & the machine. If the hard drive has not been swapped out & nothing has changed on the machine then try resetting the copier to see if that rectifies it.
To reset the machine you will need to enter simulation mode.
First, make sure the copier is in COPY mode.
Then press the following 4 keys in quick succession: # * C *
You should then have a screen showing simulation mode.
Then enter 16 & press either of the copy keys (black or colour).
This should then display U2 ERROR RESET.
Press EXECUTE, YES then press the CA key.
The machine will exit simulation mode & restart.
If after restart the machine displays U2 again then you will probably have a HDD fault. Unfortunately, the HDD would have to be replaced by an authorised dealer as new Firmware would have to be reload to allow the machine to recognise a new HDD.
Hope this helps.
1) Clear key ON - Exposure mode select key ON - Clear key ON - Exposure mode select key ON (The machine is ready for entry of the main code of simulation.) 2) Main code input by 10-key ? Start key ON 3) Sub code input by 10-key ? Start key ON The machine enters the selected simulation mode. Press the start key to start the operation of the selected simulation. Main Code =(14 Used to cancel the self diag other than U2 trouble.) Sub code = 0
* Canceling the simulation and returning to the normal mode 1) Press the clear key. Copy SIM 14
* Entering the simulation mode 1) Copy mode key ON ? Program key ON ? Asterisk (*) key ON ? CLEAR key ON ? Asterisk (*) key ON ? Ready for input of a main code of simulation 2) Entering a main code with the 10-key ? START key ON 3) Entering a sub code with the 10-key ? START key ON 4) Select an item with the scroll key and the item key. 5) The machine enters the mode corresponding to the selected item. Press START key or EXECUTE key to start the simulation opera- tion. To cancel the current simulation mode or to change the main code and the sub code, press the user setup key. * Canceling the simulation mode to return to the normal mode 1) Press CA key.
1. Start and end of simulations
Note: The "PAUSE" key in the descriptions means the "INTERRUPT"
The Simulation IN mode becomes only available from the Copy mode
In the simulation mode, printer operation is inhibited. Printer operation
is also inhibited in either of the Aging mode or the Adjustment Copy
mode. The printer selection key is disabled, too.
By operating the keys [C] – [PAUSE] – 0/g – [PAUSE], the simulation
main code input screen appears.
* If the interval between any two key operations is more than 5
seconds, the entry into the simulation mode is canceled.
1 ~ 9: Loading/ sensor checks
10 ~ 19: Resetting troubles
20 ~ 29: Counter/mode setting
30 ~ 39: Sensor activation checks
40 ~ 59: Adjustments
60 ~ 69: Digital readout and printer
The simulation can be terminated by pressing the [CA] key.
2. Simulation main code input screen
SIMULATION NO. _
INPUT MAIN NO. AND PRESS PRINT SWITCH
1 If any trouble has occurred when the trouble code is requested,
the 7-segment readout displays the trouble code (main only).
[Note] The trouble code is canceled when the copier enters the
simulation IN mode.
[Note] The 7-segment readout becomes blank when the copier
enters the simulation IN mode.
2 Only the [PRINT] key LED comes on.
[Note] The [PRINT] key LED is usually OFF. It comes on when
the copier waits for the [PRINT] key to be turned ON in the
3 The main code input area (2 digits) waits for the input of a main
[Numeric Key]: Main code input
[Note] Codes are entered in the ring format.
[PRINT]: Sets entered data.
[C]: Clears entered data.
[CA]: Terminates simulation.
[Others]: Cancels (ignores) entered data.
4 If a simulation has a sub code, it should be executed on the sub
code input screen; a simulation does not have a sub code, it
should be executed on the simulation execution screen.
3. Simulation sub code input screen
Hello sir; There have not thing to reset but there do have two simulations to do, before you go for it make sure you do clean the image roller with alcohol and drum blade be replaced then go to simulation;
press "clear mode", "107", hold down "clear/stop"
key until SP mode show out then enter sp3001-2 and sp 2005. turn power off and back on.
if you replace drum meanwhile you have to replace developer too, after you replace then you have to simulated follow these steps;
1, power off,hold down"print"&"stop/clear" key while you turn on.
2,press"stop/clear" key within 2 second.
3,enter 60, press print,pess "'stop/clear" key
4,enter 73, press print, enter000000 press print
5, mode 1, enter 03 press print mode 2 & 3 all enter0 press print
turn off the power , hold down "print" &"stop/clear" while turning on power. now within 2 secund, press
'stop/clear" key again, now enter78, press print let it run, will be automatically stop running, when they stop running press "stop/clear" to end the simulation.