Question about Microwave Ovens

1 Answer

My over the stove microwave will run however no heat. Popcorn digets do not count down but set numbers do. odd odor.

Posted by on

1 Answer

  • Level 3:

    An expert who has achieved level 3 by getting 1000 points

    All-Star:

    An expert that got 10 achievements.

    MVP:

    An expert that got 5 achievements.

    Master:

    An expert who has achieved Level 3.

  • Master
  • 479 Answers


Q - The microwave makes a loud "hum or buzz" noise but will not heat up the food?
A - 9 times out of 10 this is usually this is a bad magnetron, the other time is sometimes a bad high voltage diode. See components section.

Q - My microwave is running and sounds like it is working but will not heat up anything.
A - Many thing can do this but, common things are....loose high voltage wire.....poor solder joint on board.....magnetron.....power relay.....
 Q - The microwave display counts down and the inside light is on,  but nothing is heating and the fan is not running.
A - This most commonly is a bad door switch, other possible problems are a faulty relay or solder joint on the power module, but a bad door switch is most common.

Q - The fan in my microwave oven is not running will this hurt my microwave?
A - YES, the fan cools the magnetron and electronics, take the microwave in for service, most fans are not too expensive to replace.
 

Posted on Dec 11, 2008

1 Suggested Answer

6ya6ya
  • 2 Answers

SOURCE: I have freestanding Series 8 dishwasher. Lately during the filling cycle water hammer is occurring. How can this be resolved

Hi,
a 6ya expert can help you resolve that issue over the phone in a minute or two.
best thing about this new service is that you are never placed on hold and get to talk to real repairmen in the US.
the service is completely free and covers almost anything you can think of (from cars to computers, handyman, and even drones).
click here to download the app (for users in the US for now) and get all the help you need.
goodluck!

Posted on Jan 02, 2017

Add Your Answer

Uploading: 0%

my-video-file.mp4

Complete. Click "Add" to insert your video. Add

×

Loading...
Loading...

Related Questions:

1 Answer

Over cooked something in microwave and now inside is yellow. How can I return it to white?


Once the plastic is yellowed, there's not much you can do to remove the yellow discoloration. Just continue to use your microwave as usual. If a burnt smell remains, you can heat vinegar in the microwave which will help eliminate the horrible odor--like burnt popcorn!!!! Yuck!

..

May 23, 2016 | Maytag Microwave Ovens

1 Answer

My plate just cracked while microwaving popcorn


Make sure you don't put any dishes in the microwave with something like popcorn because they retain more heat and have nothing to transfer the heat too. If you mean the built in spinning plate that you set stuff on and you have an older model the fan might be broken. Something similar happened to my microwave as it is pretty old i just removed the panels and cleaned everything/blew it off with an air hose and it started working again. I'd check with the manufacturers also!

Sep 25, 2012 | Panasonic NN-T694SF Microwave Oven

1 Answer

No homegrown popcorn in a microwave? why?


Popcorn is a food that has a very low moisture content, and microwave ovens rely on moisture content (water molecules) in order to cook.

If there is not enough moisture to absorb the microwave energy, much of the the energy is reflected back to the magnetron and damage it.

This is also what damages a microwave when it is run empty.

A simple solution is to add about 1/2 to 1 cup of water in a microwave-safe container in the back corner of the oven and cook your popcorn a little longer.

You'll have to experiment a few times to get the combination right for your particular model.

But allow our microwave about 15 minutes or so for the magnetron to cool down between popcorn cooking sessions.

Also, I would suggest putting a paper plate upside-down on the turntable tray, then putting the popcorn container on top of that.

This does two things: It keeps the extremely hot popcorn off the tray, reducing the chances it will crack, plus it raises the popcorn up so it will heat more efficiently.

We're happy to help you with free advice and we'd appreciate your thoughtful rating of our answer.

Dec 23, 2008 | Microwave Ovens

1 Answer

Odor of burned popcorn!!


The smoke has permeated the works, so a more aggressive cleaning will be needed.

There are many good suggestions for cleaning and deodorizing microwaves here.

We're happy to help you and we'd appreciate your thoughtful rating of our answer.

Jul 27, 2008 | Jenn-Air JMV8208AAS Microwave Oven

3 Answers

Oven turns off


Hi,

You are running the risk of damaging the Magnatron by doing this.

Check the packets you are using, you will have to reduce your power output.

This is because microwaves act by being absorbed by water. There is very little in popcorn and in fat. Once this has been evaporated, the microwave energy builds up (as it is still being produced - but not absorbed), and ends up cooking the magnatron itself.

I have seen countless posts on here after cooking popcorn!

More fun on the hob anyway - and cheaper to buy in bulk!

Jun 21, 2008 | Magic Chef MCD1311ST Microwave Oven

1 Answer

Will not pop popcorn without burning it


use Orville Rickenbacker ah you know who lol set it for five minutes when you hear it slow take it out works for me no the oven don't need repair popcorn's tough the best way i know to make popcorn is an electric skillet yum yum

Feb 16, 2008 | GE JEM31 Microwave Oven

9 Answers

Magic Chef MCO153UW


The cooling fan is a must!

Otherwise, the magnetron will be ruined, and that drives up the repair cost.

If you or a friend decide to work on it, we have *critical* safety, disassembly, and troubleshooting info at our site, and our link is at our listing here on FixYa: http://tinyurl.com/yzjozk

You can order parts here: https://www.mcappliance.com/partorder.aspx

To contact Magic Chef about getting an *authorized* servicer, see: http://www.mcappliance.com/contactus/contactus.asp

We're happy to help and we appreciate your thoughtful rating of our answer.

Jan 06, 2008 | Magic Chef CMV1000B Microwave Oven

6 Answers

Magic chef microwave shuts down


We had the same problem with our brand new Magic Chef. Before going through the trouble of taking it back I called Home Depot. After talking to a Home Depot Rep I am told that the overheat sensor is under the glass plate directly beneath the popcorn bag. Popcorn gets very hot and the heat of the popcorn causes the sensor to shut the machine down. I would imagine this would be the same for a baked potato.
Very poor design.
I was told to put a microwave safe plate down and put the popcorn bag on it. This should help to reduce the heat and not trip the sensor.
A safety sensor is great, but not if it keeps tripping the machine and shutting down!

Sep 02, 2007 | Microwave Ovens

1 Answer

Shuts Off after 22 seconds


Time to buy a new microwave as it sounds as if the control panel is defective. A new control panel for this micro will run about 95 to 120 bucks + labor depending on where you buy it. I happen to like slightly burnt popcorn as well!! Nothing wrong with thats, as they say great minds think alike.

Aug 25, 2006 | Panasonic NN-S933BF Microwave Oven

Not finding what you are looking for?
Microwave Ovens Logo

Related Topics:

207 people viewed this question

Ask a Question

Usually answered in minutes!

Top Microwave Ovens Experts

William Miller
William Miller

Level 3 Expert

9011 Answers

Gerry Harvey
Gerry Harvey

Level 3 Expert

1456 Answers

yadayada
yadayada

Level 3 Expert

70346 Answers

Are you a Microwave Oven Expert? Answer questions, earn points and help others

Answer questions

Manuals & User Guides

Loading...