Please follow the instructions below to install and test the fax on an HP multifunctional unit.
1 - before connecting the printer install the software in the CD provided with the printer on the computer. The fax unit will also work in stand alone mode, but without installing the software you will not be able to control the unit from the connected computer.
2 - Have ready a phone cable. Ensure that the phone cable that you want to use has only two connectors:
3 - Connect one end of the telephone cord to the telephone jack andthen connect the other end of the cord to the socket labeled 1-Line
on the back of the HP fax printer.
4 - The multifunction HP is now ready to send and receive Fax.
To send a basic fax:
1. Load your originals.
2. Enter the fax number by using the dial button on keypad.
3. Press START FAX Black.If the device detects an original loaded inthe automatic document feeder, it will send the document to the numberyou entered
If the Fax is not sending, then check that the original is loaded properly, then run the fax test following procedure below:
- press Setup
- select Tools
- select Run fax test
- press OK
- Load the original into the input tray.
- Press the Setup button (the one with a wrench) on the unit control panel.
- Press right arrow, select Tools, then press OK.
- On the Tools menu, press the right arrow to select Run Fax Test, and then press OK. The fax diagnostic test prints.
- Review the report.
If the test does not return ALL PASS , then setup the fax manually.Change the HP fax settings
- Disconnect the telephone cord from the single-line telephone and then plug it into the port marked 1-Line at the back of the HP product.
- Press the Setup button (the one with a wrench) on the product control panel.
- Press the right arrow to select Basic Fax Setup or Advanced Fax Setup, then press the right arrow again to change settings to the settings listed in the table below.
After verifying Fax settings, try again sending a fax.
If still no luck, try calling the HP number listed on your user manual. In that case there may be a fault.
Also ensure that you do not have a VOIP phone rather than a landline phone, in that case setup will be completely different.
You can find driver software and manuals using the link below:HP SUPPORT.