Linksys Wireless-G problem with Internet connection
I have a Kyocera Evdo Router using Verizon data card with broadband internet access. i just for 4 pcs for my office and needed to share this access wirelessly to the 4 pcs and also to have a wlan in the office. So i got a Linksys wireless-G router and linksys wireless adapters for the systems.
I have installed the adapters and configured the Router with the Evdo router. All the pcs connected to the Linksys router and was able to browse the net. But recently my internet subscription expired so i was cut off. When i paid for it to be restore, i discovered that though the wlan is ok and the computers can not browse the net. after much troubleshooting i found out that the internet link is ok in the evdo Router and i can also browse through the Linksys enthernet lan port. but there seem to be a problem with the wireless link to the systems. Pls i need help?
- If you need clarification, ask it in the comment box above.
- Better answers use proper spelling and grammar.
- Provide details, support with references or personal experience.
Tell us some more! Your answer needs to include more details to help people.You can't post answers that contain an email address.Please enter a valid email address.The email address entered is already associated to an account.Login to postPlease use English characters only.
Tip: The max point reward for answering a question is 15.
verify that the cable are conned correctly. now the ethernet cable that come from the cable modem do not need to be plugin to the port that is label Internet, it need to be plug in any port 1 to 4. then access you router via a ethernet cable and setup the router of wireless access.
Theencryption key secures your data from unauthorized access.
The router's password is a Passphrase or the WEP or WPA orWPA2 encryption key.
The Passphrase generates the WEP or WPA or WPA2 encryptionkey and this is in the router's wireless settings.
To connect to your wireless router, configure the router'swireless settings ie SSID, plus the WPAor WPA2 encryption key and then configure wireless cards in the laptops and orcomputers with these router's wireless settings. Then the laptops and desktopcomputers can communicate with your wireless router.
Have you already setup one of your computers to connect to the Internet using the wireless router?
If so you can setup the second computer the same way and it also will connect to the internet. There is no need to access the Internet through the other computer.
Hi Susie With related to your particular issue it seems like that your broadband modem is not configured for the router. There are basically 2 types of connection. DSL and Cable modem. Verizon, ATT are DSL and comcast other providers give you a normal cable broadband connection. If its comcast make sure the cable from the comcast modem is going to the internet port in the linksys router and also make sure that there is a system connection the linksys router and the cable from the system goes to any of LAN 1, 2, 3 and 4 ports. Then reset your cable modem by using a pin and inserting to the reset hole in the modem. You could use the same step to reset your linksys router as well .If its a verizon or dsl connection you need to put normally your username and password in the router page. here is the link to how to configure linksys for your internet modem. Here is a video as well on it? http://in.youtube.com/watch?v=vSAXMO7aNzg http://tinyurl.com/5tqqhl
Also post the linksys router model. your ISP modem model number and also information on how many systems are wired to the router and wireless and let me know if you need more help.
You can still use your existing Linksys router with your cable modem. In fact the router your have is designed to work with DSL/Cable Broadband connections.
1. Make sure to properly connec the devices in your network. Modem will be connected to the Internet port of the router. Then, laptop will be connected to one of the 4 Ethernet ports of the router. For initial setup of your router with modem, you need to hardwire laptop to the router.
2. Press and hold reset at the back of the router for about 15 seconds.
3. After 15 seconds turn off the router and then turn off the modem. Wait for a minute.
4. Power on modem and wait for the lights to be ready.
5. When modem lights are on, turn on router.
6. There should be 4 lights on. Power should be steady green. Internet, WLAN and Ethernet port.
7. Checked if you have Internet connectivity on your laptop while it is wired to the router.
8. If Internet is working, disconnect laptop from wired connection to the router and check available wireless network that laptop can detect.
9. The default wireless network name that the Linksys router broadcasts is "linksys". Connect to it which is an unsecured wireless network.
10. Once you are successfully connected, check Internet.
There are many new generation routers that you can use Verizon internet such as D-link DIR-45o, Kyocera KR1 and many more models. you can check the link so see how the product looks like http://www.kyocera-wireless.com/kr1-router/