HTC Touch Diamond problems with Manila.exe, Shell32.exe, reboot
Hi, I have 3 problems with my Touch Diamond:
1. Very often when I ignore or reset a reminder my HTC "tells" me "Sorry, a problem occured with manila.exe" after that reminders and alarms don't work anymore and I receive no remittance confirmation message when a sent sms arrives at destination. I then have to reboot/reset my HTC it in order to have reminders and alarm working again and receiving remittance messages.
2. Sometimes I also receive a message "Sorry, a problem occured with shell32.exe". This happens sometimes together with the "manila problem" but also completely random and I have to reboot/reset my HTC in order to have it work properly.
3. Since a few days, my HTC reboots/resets on its own. I don't know why. It mostly happens once or twice during the night or in the morning, sometimes during the day but it never happened while I was using it.
Is it a common problem and what can I do about it? I used the Windows update finction, but it says that there are no updates available.
- If you need clarification, ask it in the comment box above.
- Better answers use proper spelling and grammar.
- Provide details, support with references or personal experience.
Tell us some more! Your answer needs to include more details to help people.You can't post answers that contain an email address.Please enter a valid email address.The email address entered is already associated to an account.Login to postPlease use English characters only.
Tip: The max point reward for answering a question is 15.
plug in the phone in to windows and double click on the phone icon in My computer on your pc. go into storage drive and open the windows directory by double clicking on it. then open the startup directory and copy welcome.ink to somewhere on your pc (your desktop is probably best).
open notepad on your pc and click file open, in the filetypes drop down box choose all files, then choose desktop and click on the welcome.ink file. When notepad has opened it up delete all the txt inside and click file
Follow the hard reset procedure to reset your phone again:
1. Pull out the stylus. 2. With the device turned on, press and hold the VOLUME DOWN and ENTER buttons, then press the RESET button with the stylus tip. 3. Release the RESET button, but continue pressing the VOLUME DOWN and ENTER buttons until you see this message on the screen:
4. Release the VOLUME DOWN and ENTER buttons, then press the VOLUME UP button to perform the hard reset, or press any other button to cancel the reset.
Please note this operation will delete all your personal data and reset all settings.
Try a hard reset, press power, volume down, and enter/ok/center button, all 3 at the same time, and while pressing those down, press the reset button in the back down. Once it reboots, you can let go of the reset button, but keep holding down the other 3 until you get a message asking you to revert to manufacturers settings. This will erase all data and settings, so make sure you backup your files (and use ActiveSync to sync contacts to outlook, to make a backup of contacts).
If this doesn't work either, then if you have the warranty, send it back to HTC to get it looked at.