An expert who has achieved level 3 by getting 1000 points
An expert that got 20 achievements.
An expert that got 10 achievements.
An expert that got 5 achievements.
Re: Canon Pixma MP780 - Waste Ink Near Full
You might have great diffculty as the waste ink needs to be replaced. First off you would need to get a new one, plus it is not just a matter of replacement, as a whole lot of other things need resetting, including the EEPROM. I have the service manual and it looks complicated in that!
a 6ya Technician can help you resolve that issue over the phone in a minute or two.
Best thing about this new service is that you are never placed on hold and get to talk to real repair professionals here in the US. click here to Talk to a Technician (only for users in the US for now) and get all the help you need. Goodluck!
- If you need clarification, ask it in the comment box above.
- Better answers use proper spelling and grammar.
- Provide details, support with references or personal experience.
Tell us some more! Your answer needs to include more details to help people.You can't post answers that contain an email address.Please enter a valid email address.The email address entered is already associated to an account.Login to postPlease use English characters only.
Tip: The max point reward for answering a question is 15.
the waste ink is the pads in the printer where the printer cleans the carts (ink). When they fill up they need to be replaced i would suggest taking this printer to a printer shop for replacement. The reason is because the printer has a waste counter on it and it needs to be reset before the error will go away. I would call around your area and see if they can do it and how much. If you reset the counter and continue printing the ink will adventually over flow and can cause serious damage to the printer. I would also call up canon and see what they recommend.
hope this helps :)
Your MP780 printer has decided you have too much ink from the cleaning cycles in the absorbent pad inside the printer. Go to www.fixyour ownprinter.com and put "MP780 waste ink" into the search function. Follow the leads to find out how to clean the waste ink out and more important to find the code to reset the printer to get rid of the waste ink message.
1. Turn off printer
2. Hold down Resume button and press Power button.
3. Keep holding down Power button and let Resume button go.
4. Press Resume button 2 times then let BOTH buttons go.
5. Green lights will flash and then stop blinking.
6. When green lights are solid, press the Resume button 4 times.
7. Press the Power button and the printer should turn off, if not, press the Power button once more.
8. Your printer should respond as normal. If I could be of further assistance, let me know. If this helps or solves the issue, please rate it. Thanks, Joe
The waste ink pads are the pads that the print head sits on on the right of the printer. You see when the cartridge returs to its neutral position on the right of the printer the pads below it are the ones you are looking for..
You need to replace the pads and reset the printer or it still wont work..
you can also take the pads out , wast then with rubbing alcohol and put the back in the reset the printer..
HERE is the service manual that will give you step by step instructions on how to do this