Question about Network Security & Firewall Devices
1. Press CTRL+ALT+DEL and go to the processes tab
2. Look for svchost.exe under the image name. There will be many but look for the ones which have your username under the username
3. Press DEL to kill these files. It will give you a warning, Press Yes
4. Repeat for more svchost.exe files with your username and repeat. Do not kill svchost.exe with system, local service or network service!
5. Now open My Computer
6. In the address bar, type C:\heap41a and press enter. It is a hidden folder, and is not visible by default.
7. Delete all the files here
9. Now go to Start --> Run and type Regedit
10. Go to the menu Edit --> Find
11. Type "heap41a" here and press enter. You will get something like this "[winlogon] C:\heap41a\svchost.exe C:\heap(some number)\std.txt"
12. Select that and Press DEL. It will ask "Are you sure you wanna delete this value", click Yes
13. Now close the registry editor.
Now the virus is gone. But be sure to delete the autorun.inf file and any folder whose name ends with .exe in the pen drive.
Note: Make sure you have an updated antivirus running on your machine to avoid this issue.
Posted on Jun 09, 2009
a 6ya expert can help you resolve that issue over the phone in a minute or two.
best thing about this new service is that you are never placed on hold and get to talk to real repairmen in the US.
the service is completely free and covers almost anything you can think of (from cars to computers, handyman, and even drones).
click here to download the app (for users in the US for now) and get all the help you need.
Posted on Jan 02, 2017
Tips for a great answer:
Jul 23, 2010 | Nokia IP 350 Firewall
Jul 03, 2010 | Network Security & Firewall Devices
Feb 09, 2010 | NetGear ProSafe FVG318 (606449041668)...
Jul 23, 2009 | Intel Network Security & Firewall Devices
Jul 18, 2009 | Nokia IP 350 Firewall
Jun 02, 2009 | SonicWALL PRO 300 Firewall
Apr 11, 2009 | Cisco PIX 515E Firewall
Nov 30, 2008 | Network Security & Firewall Devices
Aug 13, 2016 | HP Color LaserJet CP6015dn Printer
154 people viewed this question
Usually answered in minutes!