On GE Washer Machines, E43 error code means "excessive brake time".
The brake and speed sensor will need to be checked. You can try
resetting the machine by disconnecting the power for 20-30 minutes. Keep in mind that your right model number is WPRB9220D0WW.
You can eliminate if it's the speed sensor by entering the service model. To do this:
- Turn off the washer at the power pad
- Remove power by unplugging the cord for 15 or more seconds
- Plug back in and within 30 seconds simultaneously press and hold the POWER and START pads for 3 seconds
- Should now display the model codes
- There are a bunch of tests but we are interested in the spin fast portion, so press the custom 2 pad until the display shows SF ( Spin Fast )
- Hit START pad... it should start spinning and display the rpm's
If it does this the speed sensor is working and the problem is the brake which means the transmission has to be replaced. Parts replacement can be find in THIS LINK
If you do not feel able to resolve it, we recommend you call the technician to do it. Now you know what the problem.Hope this helps; also keep in mind that your feedback is important and I'll appreciate
your time and consideration if you leave some testimonial comment about
Thank you for using Fixya, and have a nice day.