a 6ya Technician can help you resolve that issue over the phone in a minute or two.
Best thing about this new service is that you are never placed on hold and get to talk to real repair professionals here in the US. click here to Talk to a Technician (only for users in the US for now) and get all the help you need. Goodluck!
- If you need clarification, ask it in the comment box above.
- Better answers use proper spelling and grammar.
- Provide details, support with references or personal experience.
Tell us some more! Your answer needs to include more details to help people.You can't post answers that contain an email address.Please enter a valid email address.The email address entered is already associated to an account.Login to postPlease use English characters only.
Tip: The max point reward for answering a question is 15.
when you print, there is come on/ say "document has been sent". is that right ? so
the problem is the connection, usually this problem in the number USB
port on setting properties with the number USB port on lap top that you
have plug in.
1. self-test ( press & hold the paper feed button while turning the printer on)
-conversion cables may or may not work properly-
2a. if cable is parallel, open command prompt and type DIR > LPT1 2b. if cable is null-modem, open command prompt and type DIR > COM1 2c. if on USB, open printer properties window and do a windows test page
use the lpt (parallell port) not the USB. and be sure that your computer have the lpt port. if not, buy a pci one. recommend the use of windows xp. are you sure that your printer is FX 2175 or is FX2170?
You can follow the steps below to install a resident printer driver which is part of your operating system.
NOTE: Windows should detect and automatically install devices attached via the Parallel or USB ports on the computer. You should be able to attach the printer, and the "Plug and Play" feature will install the appropriate driver.
If the driver does not automatically install, please contact your Computer vendor. The "Plug and Play" feature may be disabled within your computer.
The resident driver installation should only be used if the printer is not detected and installed.
1. Start by opening the "Printers and Faxes" window. Click on "Add Printer" on the left hand side of the screen. 2. The "Add Printer Wizard" screen will come up. Click on "Next". 3. At the "Local or Network Printer" screen, select "Local Printer" and place a check on "Automatically Detect and Install my Plug and Play Printer". Click on "Next". 4. Windows should report it will check for Plug and Play hardware. It should also detect and install the appropriate resident printer driver. 5. A window will appear and tell you when the process is completed.
*NOTE: If Windows does not detect your printer automatically, you can manually install the printer. Simply select EPSON under manufacturer and select your appropriate model under PRINTERS.
6. When the printer is installed, it will ask you if you would like to print a test page. Check "Yes", then click on "Next". 7. The next screen will display the settings for the printer. Click on "Finish" to complete the installation and print the test page.