Hi there. i have a samsung mini dv recorder. i cannot upload videos to my computer because i cannot finalize my disks. plus my computer said that it has no hardware or software(either way idk) for my camera. what should i do? how do i finalize a disk and how do i upload it onto the computer?
Hi there. well my friend, the only way that you can finalize a dvd is on the SCREEN CAMERA MENU. you can find it navigating in the menu or read the user manual. then the dvd will be able to play on any dvd player or pc. good luck
- If you need clarification, ask it in the comment box above.
- Better answers use proper spelling and grammar.
- Provide details, support with references or personal experience.
Tell us some more! Your answer needs to include more details to help people.You can't post answers that contain an email address.Please enter a valid email address.The email address entered is already associated to an account.Login to postPlease use English characters only.
Tip: The max point reward for answering a question is 15.
How it's supposed to work is to get a program that recognizes the camera, then the tape can be captures. Windows Movie Maker never supported it. In fact Microsoft doesn't even support it anymore. They have recommended using Pinncale Studio to work with DV cameras.
Once you install Studio, put the tape in, turn the camera on, Studio will load up.
Download free application WINDV (Small Windows utility for DV FireWire digital video input/output ). buy and connect a firewire cable between camcorder (DV output ) and a firewire input in your pc, if you not hasn't got one, buy it. you can buy a card with this kind of inputs. Connect and run application, play camcorder, and record to your pc, your video.
Do you have another video camera that will hook up to your computer? In the past, I've connected my old Hi-8 to my Mini DV, recorded the footage from the Hi-8 to the Mini DV and then digitized on the computer from the Mini DV. You will however need some video software like iMovie for this solution.
You can also, hook the Hi-8 camera up to a VCR or TV using the appropriate cable and view it that way.
DV-PC Recorder is a Windows XP only application that enables you to record images and sound on the tape in the camcorder and on the computer's hard disk by connecting a camcorder equipped with the DV CONTROL function to a computer using an IEEE1394 (DV) cable.
DV-PC Recorder has the following features.
1. You can record movies simultaneously on your computer's hard disk and on the tape by pressing the start/stop button on the camcorder.
2. It enables long, continuous recordings, which you cannot achieve with the tape alone.
(Approximately four and a half hour's worth of recording will fit on a 60GB hard disk.)
3. You can start editing the movies on the computer right after recording, as the images and sound are saved on the computer's hard disk.
(Optional editing software is required to edit movies)
4. You can record movies on the tape in the camcorder and on the computer's hard disk by controlling the DV-PC Recorder from your computer.