Question about Farenheit DVD34 Car DVD Player
How do I unlock the parental control when I didn't put a password in to lock it? I inserted a DVD played it, and then the next time I went to use the player it stated that I needed a password when noone had used it since the previous DVD. Is there a way to clear or override it? I have tried removing power to it and hitting the reset button both prior to removing power and after removing power. Any solutions out there other than throwing this unit out the window?
Thanks it workrd for me
Posted on Mar 23, 2007
In the preferences menu - password try 3308. this worked for me. then rest the password to 1234. good luck
Posted on Mar 21, 2007
Save hours of searching online or wasting money on unnecessary repairs by talking to a 6YA Expert who can help you resolve this issue over the phone in a minute or two.
Best thing about this new service is that you are never placed on hold and get to talk to real repairmen in the US.
Here's a link to this great service
Posted on Jan 02, 2017
Tips for a great answer:
Jul 05, 2016 | Televison & Video
Apr 19, 2011 | Zenith Televison & Video
Apr 05, 2011 | Sony PlayStation 2 (PS2) Console
Parental control setting
Some discs are specified not suitable for children. Such
discs can be limited not to play back with the unit.
1) Press C or D to select "Parental", then press B
or A until the level you require appears.
• Level Off: The parental control setting does not
• Level 8: All DVD software can be played back.
• Level 1: DVD software for adults cannot be
Select from the level 1 to level 8. The limitation will
be more severe as the level number is lower.
2) Press C or D to select "Password".
Press Number buttons (0-9) to input a 4-digit
password. Be sure to remember this number!
• If you input a wrong number, press CLEAR.
3) Press ENTER to store the password.
Note: Now the rating is locked and the setting cannot
be changed unless you enter the correct pass
4) Press OPEN/CLOSE to activate Parental control
setting. (See "Temporary disabling of rating level by
DVD disc" on page 36.)
• Depending on the discs, the unit cannot limit playback.
• Some discs may not be encoded with specific rating
level information though its disc jacket says "adult." For
those discs, the age restriction will not work.
To change the parental level
1) Press C or D to select "Password".
2) Press Number buttons (0-9) to enter the password
you have stored.
3) Press ENTER.
• The rating is now unlocked.
4) Press C or D to select "Parental", then press B
or A to change the parental level.
5) Press C or D to select "Password", then press
Number buttons (0-9) to enter the password.
Note: You can change the password if you want.
6) Press ENTER.
Now the parental level is changed and locked.
If you forget the password...
1. Press OPEN/CLOSE to open the disc tray.
2. Remove the disc.
3. Press OPEN/CLOSE again to close the disc tray.
"No Disc" appears on the screen.
4. While holding STOP down on the front panel,
press 7 on the remote control. "PASSWORD
CLEAR" appears on the screen.
5. Enter a new password again.
hope this helps
Mar 24, 2011 | Toshiba SD-K740 DVD Player
Jul 07, 2010 | Farenheit DVD34 Car DVD Player
Dec 09, 2009 | Farenheit DVD-61 Car DVD Player
Jun 11, 2009 | Sony PlayStation 2 Slimline Console
Nov 11, 2008 | RCA Televison & Video
381 people viewed this question
Usually answered in minutes!
Step 2: Please assign your manual to a product: