Question about Maytag Atlantis MDE7400AY Electric Dryer
I found the relase pins and pushed and yet the top does not budge? Want to check the belt, it seems to jump of slip when starting.
TO GET THE TOP OFF, YOU MUST REMOVE THE FRONT PANEL BY TAKING OUT THE TWO SCREWS BY THE DOOR HINGES AND THEN THE TWO ON THE OPPOSITE SIDE. THEN REMOVE THE FRONT PANEL. THE TOP IS HELD DOWN BY TWO METAL HOOKS THAT ARE SECURED BY ONE SCREW EACH. THIS SHOULD GIVE YOU ALL THE ACCESS YOU NEED TO CHECK THE BELT.
Posted on Jan 27, 2009
a 6ya Repairman can help you resolve that issue over the phone in a minute or two.
Best thing about this new service is that you are never placed on hold and get to talk to real repair professionals here in the US.
click here to Talk to a Repairman (only for users in the US for now) and get all the help you need.
Posted on Jan 02, 2017
Tips for a great answer:
Feb 12, 2017 | Maytag Dryers
Sep 01, 2012 | Maytag Washing Machines
Jul 13, 2011 | Maytag Dryers
To change the belt you'll need to remove the top paenl and then remove the drum and you would be able to see the belt. You can disassemble it by the following procedure--
Drum Removal / Roller / Glide Access--
Top Cover / Door Switch / Front Panel /Gasket Removal-
1. Disconnect power supply to unit.
2. Use a plastic putty knife to depress the locking clip between the Top Cover and Front Panel.
3. Disconnect wiring from the Door Switch.
4. Depress the locking tabs on switch side and remove through the front.
5. Remove two screws, 1 each side, from the back flange of the Front Panel.
6. Tip Front Panel back and remove. Rotate Front Panel to the back side and remove gasket.
Hope this helps...
Sep 20, 2010 | Maytag Dryers
Jan 16, 2010 | Maytag SAV5710 Top Load Washer
Aug 25, 2017 | Lucien Piccard 26024 Wrist Watch
Jul 06, 2017 | Maytag Legacy Series Top Load Washer
Sep 04, 2007 | Maytag MAV7600 Top Load Washer
136 people viewed this question
Usually answered in minutes!
Step 2: Please assign your manual to a product: