a 6ya expert can help you resolve that issue over the phone in a minute or two.
best thing about this new service is that you are never placed on hold and get to talk to real repairmen in the US.
the service is completely free and covers almost anything you can think of (from cars to computers, handyman, and even drones).
click here to download the app (for users in the US for now) and get all the help you need. goodluck!
- If you need clarification, ask it in the comment box above.
- Better answers use proper spelling and grammar.
- Provide details, support with references or personal experience.
Tell us some more! Your answer needs to include more details to help people.You can't post answers that contain an email address.Please enter a valid email address.The email address entered is already associated to an account.Login to postPlease use English characters only.
Tip: The max point reward for answering a question is 15.
"PF" is power falure if you didn't aready know this. It sounds to me like the coolig fan might be running slow or there is blocked or restricted air flow through the unit. This cooling fan is only for the HV transformer and magnetron. Sometimes you may get air flow around the door but this is incidental. The PF tells me that the power is being interrupted either at the power source (wall outlet or circuit breaker) or the magnetron TCO is cutting out. It also could be a bad magnetron running too hot. As far as the steam goes, I usually just leave the door open on my microwave for 10 or 15 minutes to let the condensation evaporate.
This moisture can accumulate from certain types of cooking (lots of boiling) in the microwave or in extreme cases, from a blocked grease filter or exhaust vent duct.
Spills or large amounts of accumulated moisture should be wiped off. Minor amounts can dry out by themselves easier if you leave the door open after cooking.
Also, when boiling on the stovetop, you should always use the hood vent exhuast fan to keep steam and grease out of the controls and the door area of the microwave. I always recommend using the vent fan with any cooking on the stovetop.
As long as it is not rusting the metal mesh screen or other parts of the door, it can be allowed to dry out over a period of days with the door open.
If it is a convection microwave, using the convection heat will help it dry.
This is usually due to incomplete venting or impaired air flow.
Assuming your hood vent exhaust fan is running properly, be sure your grease filter is clean (or if you use a charcoal type, it must be replaced when dirty) and be sure the exhaust ductwork and outside flapper are all clear.
I recommend that you always run the hood vent exhaust fan whenever you are cooking on the stovetop, too.
You can find links to helpful exploded
view diagrams and part ordering help
here. You can get new filters there, too.
I recommend that you bookmark that
link to your favorites.
to help you with free advice and we'd appreciate your thoughtful rating
of our answer.
From looking at the owner's manual, it looks like the vent fan is only supposed to come on when the internal temperature of the microwave gets too high OR when you press the VENT FAN pad.
Here are a couple of fan-related excerpts from the owner's manual, which can be found here:
(or the better URL here: http://tinyurl.com/yn7r6g)
An automatic fan feature protects the microwave from too much heat rising from the cooktop below it. It automatically turns on if it senses too much heat.
If you have turned the fan on, you may find that you cannot turn it off. The fan will automatically turn off when the internal parts are cool. It may stay on for 30 minutes or more after the cooktop and microwave controls are turned off.
The vent fan removes steam and other vapors from surface cooking.
Press VENT FAN once for high fan speed, twice for medium fan speed, a third time for low faw speed, or a fourth time to turn the fan off.
Press the VENT FAN BOOST pad for extra fan speed.
Hope this helps.