Question about Yahoo Messenger
An unknown error occur messenger contact technical support
Log in problems
here are some suggestions you should check/try if you haven't already.
1. The date on your computer needs to be set properly -- double click the clock verify that
the time and date are set.
2. If your password information is not saved, verify that you are typing it in with the
correct case (uppercase or lowercase).
3. Change your password to something smaller (under 10-12 characters), then try signing in again.
4. If you use a firewall (like ZoneAlarm, Norton Internet Security,WindowsFirewall etc. ), it's possible
that Messenger doesn't have the correct rights to access the Internet, especially since you
upgraded. You may need to re/add Messenger to the allowed list of programs in your firewall
if this is the case.
5. If you disabled your firewall in the past, it still may be blocking Messenger -- try
restarting it and see if that helps the situation. You also might try uninstalling an
installed firewall, to verify that it isn't causing a problem (even if it is disabled).
6. Clear your IE cache and cookies -- open Internet Explorer, click the Tools menu, then
Internet Options, then click the Delete Files button, and when that's complete click the
Delete Cookies button.
7. Check your IE Security settings -- open Internet Explorer, click the Tools menu, then
Internet Options, then Advanced tab, scroll to the Security section, and verify that "Check
for server certificate revocation" is unchecked. Also verify that 'Use SSL 2.0' and Use SSL
3.0' is checked, then click OK.
I recommend using 8.1
You need to remove version 9,or present version, 1st to get another version to work. To remove Messenger version Use Unwise located middle of page of Messenger Folder.Make sure Automatic is checked! then continue to uninstall..Or use control panel ,Vista-program features or XP-add/remove this is the 2nd best way. If you just delete the Yahoo file to remove messenger,you will also lose the shared file that contains things needed on other Yahoo sites. Your contacts are stored online But if you want to save your old messages archives,they are saved on your PC in the messenger file you are about to delete.Go here and copy them to a new folder
Start>my computer>c:drive>program files>yahoo>messenger>profiles>(your ID)>archive>messages
Posted on Dec 12, 2008
a 6ya expert can help you resolve that issue over the phone in a minute or two.
best thing about this new service is that you are never placed on hold and get to talk to real repairmen in the US.
the service is completely free and covers almost anything you can think of (from cars to computers, handyman, and even drones).
click here to download the app (for users in the US for now) and get all the help you need.
Posted on Jan 02, 2017
Tips for a great answer:
May 10, 2011 | eBuddy Messenger
Oct 31, 2010 | Yahoo Messenger
Feb 03, 2010 | Yahoo Messenger
Jun 05, 2009 | Yahoo Messenger
Feb 20, 2009 | Yahoo Messenger
218 people viewed this question
Usually answered in minutes!
Step 2: Please assign your manual to a product: