Question about Citizen Eco-Drive Calibre 8700 Wrist Watch
My Citizen Eco-Drive 8700 perpetual has a small problem which can't figure out. The day and date don't change at midnight. But it will change at 9 o'clock in the morning. I did the reset twice and the result was the same. I set the date and day in the 'CAL' mode and then set it back to 'TME'
Who can help me??!!!
Before using this watch, be sure to check that the functions of the watch all operate
What is a Reference or 0-Position?
The term "reference or 0-position" refers to those hand and date positions used as a
datum point for the correct operation of the watch.
[Checking the Reference or 0-Position]
1. With the crown pulled out one step to position 1, rotate the crown to align the mode
hand with chronograph [CHR] mode as indicated on the mode subdial.
2. Pull the crown out two steps to position 2 and confirm the reference or 0-positions.
The 24-hour hand, hour hand, minute hand, second hand, function hand, and date will
rapidly advance and then stop at their current reference or 0-positions.
3. Confirm that they are showing the correct reference or 0-positions.
Correct reference or 0-positions for each hand and the date
Correct reference or 0-positions are given below.
24-hour hand : 0:00
Hour hand, minute hand : 0:00
Second hand : 00 seconds
Function hand : 0 position (12:00 position)
Date : 1st
If any of the hands or the date shows a
reference or 0-position other than given
above, perform the procedure given in
"Correcting the Reference or 0-Position"
[Correcting the Reference or 0-Position]
<Correcting Reference or 0-Positions of the Function Hand and Date>
1. In chronograph [CHR] mode, pull the crown out two steps to position 2 and hold down
button (A) for 2 or more seconds to correct the reference or 0-positions of the function
hand and date.
2. Rotate the crown to the left or right to adjust the date.
(1) The function hand moves 1 step at a time for each click of the crown.
(2) Quickly Rotate the crown 2 or more clicks consecutively to move the function hand 4
revolutions and advance the date by 1 day. Rotate the crown to the left or right by 1
click to stop rapid advance.
•The correct reference or 0-position for the function hand is the 12:00 position
immediately after it changes to "1", while that for the date is the position immediately
after it changes to "1".
After setting the date to "1", Rotate the crown 1 click to adjust so that the function hand
points to the 12:00 position.
The correction mode changes each time the upper right button (A) is pressed while the
crown is pulled out two steps to position 2 in chronograph [CHR] mode.
<Correcting the Reference or 0-Positions of the 24-hour Hand, Hour Hand
and Minute Hand>
1. Press and release the upper right button button (A) to correct the reference or 0-positions of the
24-hour hand, hour hand and minute hand.
2. Rotate the crown one click at a time to adjust the 24-hour hand, hour hand and minute hand.
(1) Rotate the crown to the right 1 click to move the hour hand and minute hand clockwise.
(2) Rotate the crown to the left (counterclockwise) 1 click to move the hour hand and minute hand
•Quickly rotate the crown 2 or more clicks consecutively to advance the hands rapidly. Rotate the
crown to the left or right by 1 click to stop rapid advance.
<Correcting the Reference or 0-Position of the Second Hand>
1. Press and release the upper right button (A) to correct the reference or 0-position of the second
(1) Rotate the crown to the right 1 'click' to move the second hand 1 step at a time.
(2) Quickly rotate the crown 2 or more 'clicks' consecutively to advance the second hand rapidly.
Rotate the crown 1 'click' at a time to adjust so the second hand stops just before the 12:00
•Return the crown to its normal position to complete the correction.
The second hand cannot be moved in the reverse direction.
Posted on Aug 02, 2013
a 6ya expert can help you resolve that issue over the phone in a minute or two.
best thing about this new service is that you are never placed on hold and get to talk to real repairmen in the US.
the service is completely free and covers almost anything you can think of (from cars to computers, handyman, and even drones).
click here to download the app (for users in the US for now) and get all the help you need.
Posted on Jan 02, 2017
Tips for a great answer:
Aug 31, 2010 | Citizen Eco-Drive Calibre 8700 Wrist Watch
May 12, 2010 | Citizen Eco-Drive Calibre 8700 Wrist Watch
Apr 17, 2010 | Citizen Eco Drive Perpetual Calendar...
Nov 09, 2009 | Citizen Eco-Drive Calibre 8700 Wrist Watch
Oct 16, 2009 | Citizen Eco-Drive BL006056H Wrist Watch
Jun 17, 2009 | Citizen Eco-Drive Calibre 8700 Wrist Watch
Jan 09, 2009 | Citizen 8700 BL8000-54L Wrist Watch
Jul 07, 2008 | Citizen Eco Drive Perpetual Calendar Watch...
May 30, 2008 | Citizen 8700 BL8000-54L Wrist Watch
984 people viewed this question
Usually answered in minutes!
Step 2: Please assign your manual to a product: