Question about OKI C5200n Laser Printer
The colors print out of alignment and very streaky all the way across the page.
a 6ya expert can help you resolve that issue over the phone in a minute or two.
best thing about this new service is that you are never placed on hold and get to talk to real repairmen in the US.
the service is completely free and covers almost anything you can think of (from cars to computers, handyman, and even drones).
click here to download the app (for users in the US for now) and get all the help you need.
Posted on Jan 02, 2017
It all depends on the meaning of 'not properly'.
Try creating a document with four different squares, or words, of these colours: yellow, magenta, cyan and black. If all of them print (albeit not with the correct shades) it is probably an ICM driver error. But my guess is that only one of those four colors will print badly, due to a defective color cartridge.
The OKI 5150 makes all perceivable colours using cyan, magenta, yellow and black toners, so if one of these malfunctions, the resulting colors will lack the required shade of, say, yellow, and will appear to be "wrong". The yellow colour itself, of course, would simply disappear (the "yellow" you use might actually be 95% yellow and 5% cyan; then the "yellow" square will be printed as a very light shade of cyan, while the other colors - say, 95% magenta and 5% yellow - will turn out almost exact).
Try with the color test and replace any failing cartridge; if all four (almost) pure colours do print incorrectly, it's unlikely to be a cartridge problem, and we'll have to dig deeper.
Posted on Sep 09, 2009
This happened to me. It was caused by a bad "oki compatable" color cartridge. One time it ruined my drum. It was always the yellow color. Decide which cartridge is printing streaky. Remove it, bang it on the inside of a large plastic garbage can. Clean it. Reinstall it . If it still prints streaky throw it befor you ruin the drum. Replace it.
Posted on Dec 23, 2009
Tips for a great answer:
Jun 29, 2013 | Dell V313w AllInOne InkJet Printer
Aug 18, 2010 | OKI C5200n Laser Printer
Jan 22, 2010 | HP Color LaserJet 2600n Printer
Jan 19, 2010 | OKI C5200n Laser Printer
Nov 07, 2009 | OKI C5150n Led Printer
Oct 08, 2009 | OKI C5200n Laser Printer
Mar 16, 2008 | Dell Photo 964 All-In-One InkJet Printer
91 people viewed this question
Usually answered in minutes!