Question about Televison & Video

2 Answers

Have a 40" flat panel, use it as a tv, don't know if it is a monitor, or what, works fine, Can I take it overseas and use it in europe?Cant fine any # on itmI can take it off the wall if you need someting,thanks

Posted by on

  • vibs7 Dec 10, 2008

    good, so you think I can it with me, if I get a power adapter, what kind? and where can I get such a think? thank you so much ,Vibs

  • vibs7 Dec 11, 2008

    is it enough to change the power to 22o, don't they send on a nother friqienci, or wave or something?



2 Answers

  • Level 1:

    An expert who has achieved level 1.


    An expert who has answered 20 questions.


    An expert that has over 10 points.


    An expert whose answer got voted for 2 times.

  • Contributor
  • 24 Answers

Check the rear label of the set. It will probably say something like 110v or 100-220v. If it has a computer style D cord with three pins and it says 100v-220v then the power supply should work on euro power once you get the correct cord. Now whether the tuner will be able to receive anything is another problem entirely!

Posted on Dec 28, 2008

  • Level 3:

    An expert who has achieved level 3 by getting 1000 points


    An expert that got 10 achievements.


    An expert that got 5 achievements.

    Vice President:

    An expert whose answer got voted for 100 times.

  • Master
  • 505 Answers

Europe typically uses 220v as opposed to the 110 used in the us. some tvs have a power supply you can switch back and forth, most dont. typically wouldn't work without some sort of power adapter.

Posted on Dec 10, 2008


1 Suggested Answer

  • 2 Answers

SOURCE: I have freestanding Series 8 dishwasher. Lately during the filling cycle water hammer is occurring. How can this be resolved

a 6ya Technician can help you resolve that issue over the phone in a minute or two.
Best thing about this new service is that you are never placed on hold and get to talk to real repair professionals here in the US.
click here to Talk to a Technician (only for users in the US for now) and get all the help you need.

Posted on Jan 02, 2017

Add Your Answer

Uploading: 0%


Complete. Click "Add" to insert your video. Add



Related Questions:

2 Answers

Don't remember password

You should be able to call the manufacture and they can give you a temporary pass code

Dec 14, 2012 | Pioneer PureVision PDP-503HDE 50 in....

1 Answer

Hi how can i modify the crt monitors yoke for a tv circuit.

Flat panel TVs don't have a yoke - that's the deflection coil for a Cathode Ray Tube (CRT) as used in older non-flat TVs. Some CRT TVs and monitors had flat screens (i.e. the face is flat) but the overall package isn't.

So I'm not sure what it is you want to do. If you are trying to get a computer monitor to display TV signals, use a video capture device (there are many). Some work with a computer, some don't. But you can't just feed the video into a computer monitor unless it is made to take it (usually with an RCA or BNC connector vs. VGA, DVI or HDMI connectors).

Aug 31, 2011 | Televison & Video

1 Answer

3 channels have no audio

The TV is set in wrong audio mode, probably SAP, go to menu and then adio and set it for standard audio mode or stereo. then it shoiuld work fine. If that don't work then unplug the set from the wall for 40 Min. and it will rest back to normal.

Jun 01, 2011 | Insignia NS-L322Q-10A LCD TV

1 Answer

What leads do i need to connect my pc to my sony tv

you need to change the input on your tv to pc or ect. you need a monitor wire if your tv has a port for it, most flat panel computer monitors have a removable connection just connect it to your tv and your computer should work. you wll have to change the in

Aug 22, 2009 | Sony BRAVIA KDL-40V2500 40 in. LCD HDTV

2 Answers

How do I Set Up my TV It work fine in Italy and it will pick up the channels I think I need to convert the TV to use the PAL

Are you still living in Europe or on a different continent? PAL is a system used to decode the scanning & picture content. have you checked in your tuning menu to change the country settings to where you live now. There are usually options to choose from different European or overseas countries. If you re-set to the country & try to re-tune.

Aug 22, 2009 | Televison & Video

1 Answer

Sony tv for external notebook monitor

Connect the TV and press the input button on the Remote continuously to change the input.

Apr 13, 2009 | Sony BRAVIA KDL-40V4000E 40 in. LCD TV

1 Answer

Flat screen for overseas

Hey ruswoody,

Because Best Buy™ stores are primarily located within the United States and Canada, the vast majority of TV's sold by the company will be NTSC/ATSC-complaint only. Unfortunately, this means that if you are looking for a model that supports both the NTSC and PAL broadcasting standards, you will most likely need to seek the assistance of a specialty importer.

Hope this helps you out.

Go Ahead. Use Us.

Jul 23, 2008 | Televison & Video

1 Answer

PC to TV Picture

try a DVI/digital cable on the HDMI inputs

Jan 11, 2007 | Samsung LN-S4092D 40 in. LCD HDTV

Not finding what you are looking for?
Televison & Video Logo

Related Topics:

31 people viewed this question

Ask a Question

Usually answered in minutes!

Top Televison & Video Experts

The Knight
The Knight

Level 3 Expert

74887 Answers

Donald DCruz
Donald DCruz

Level 3 Expert

17130 Answers

Cindy Wells

Level 3 Expert

5268 Answers

Are you a Televison and Video Expert? Answer questions, earn points and help others

Answer questions

Manuals & User Guides