Need to re install windows, where can i download, or get a disk
When i turn on my inspiron b-130 it boots to a blue error screen, and restarts within seconds..cant even read the error it goes so quick.... so i basically need to reinstall windows and start over, but i have no disk, and i cant find where i can download, or get a disk for my system.... windows xp home
Re: need to re install windows, where can i download, or...
You can order xp on commercially available websites such as newegg.com. There are free versions on the web if you know what to look for. I just recently downloaded xp pro and burned it to a disk although I have not tried it yet. If you give me your e-mail address I can send you the program w/ key and you can try it and see if it works for you.
- If you need clarification, ask it in the comment box above.
- Better answers use proper spelling and grammar.
- Provide details, support with references or personal experience.
Tell us some more! Your answer needs to include more details to help people.You can't post answers that contain an email address.Please enter a valid email address.The email address entered is already associated to an account.Login to postPlease use English characters only.
Tip: The max point reward for answering a question is 15.
Boot your PC with the windows OS disk and choose to repair your computer when asked. Run the chkdsk program in DOS on the recover mode to correct disk errors. On completion, restart your computer normally and check it it works.
If it does not work, you may need to format your pc & reinstall windows again.
Blue Screen system error. If you've been running windows Xp, please do the following:
1. Insert Windows XP CD in the Pc.
2. Restart the PC and while in Bios, go to Boot Priority and select Boot from CD as your first priority.
3. Save and exit.
4. The PC restarts and follow the instructions on the screen. (Press any key to boot from the CD).
5.After system has finished, such will happen <Enter-To Continue R-Repair ESC-Cancel>.
6. Choose R to repair.
7. A black screen pops up, just read and type 1 and wait for the next step (password).
8. Put in your Admin Password or press "Enter".
9. Then type CHKDSK and press "Enter".
10. the system will repair the errors within the HDD and windows and later restart the PC. Good luck
run MEMTEST, DOWNLOAD MEMTES, BURN IT ON BLANK CD OR DVD, RESTART YOUR LAPTOP WITH THIS CD IN, CHECK THE PROBLEM, MAKE SURE IT PASSES ALL THE STEPS, ALSO TRY TO INSTALL OS FROM ANOTHER CD...MAYBE THERE IS CORRUPTED FILE ON CD OR IT`S SCRATCHED OR SOMETHING, AFTER ALL THIS IF YOU STILL HAVE SAME ISSUE- 2 ND STEP IS REPLACING YOU HDD
So many computer face this blue screen fetal errors on windows.
This error comes usually when there is problem in software or driver compatibility issue with hardware or operating system. Also this error comes when there is bed indexing unit in hard drive. You can solve this errors with following 2 methods. (1)When you power up the computer press F8 key then enter in safe mode. Then if you are able to enter in safe mode then uninstall driver or software which you installed recently and face this error. (2)If
you are not able to enter in safe mode Then you need to fix error on
hard drive.For that you need windows disk or recovery disk. Boot your computer with that disk For that when you power up the computer press F1 or F2 "del" key to enter in bios. Then go to boot menu and set frist boot device as your cd or dvd rom. Then save settings and exit bios. Insert windows disk in cd /dvd rom. Then it boot with that disk.Then you get this message "Press any key to boot from cd.." Then press any key. Then follow the procedure then enter in recovery console mode then type in prompt "chkdsk /r" Then type "y" Then it fix error on hard drive. Then
check if again you are not able to enter in windows then boot again and
this time choose "R" option for repair previous windwos " then it
repairs old windows then it loads again old windows. Thanks for using FixYa.
its bugged or so ...ir its missing files that were deleted by the anti-virus... so ...format and reinstall ....be sure that ya format at least the C partition ....cause if ya have a recovery cd ..it will go under the last installation and the problem will reappear
1. The reason it says "error loading operating system" is because kill disk wiped the operating system from off your computer. 2. Now that you have the installation disk, you need to tell the computer to boot from it. For Dells, usually press F12 when the Dell logo appears, and it should bring up a boot menu. Select the optical drive and it should boot. If you do not see a boot menu, go into your computer's BIOS and tell it to look at the optical drive first when booting, then it will boot from the disk.
ok u need recovery disk then u hava to fix error on harddisk. Blue sceen is error of harddisk or RAM memory but majority harddisk be eror give4s this error So boot your lapto pwith your rercovery disk then go to recovery console and type "chkdsk /r"
when computer comes up just after the dell screen hit the f12 key along the top. It will give you the option of booting from cd or hard drive. Pick the cd and if your cd is bootable it should boot from it.If it still gives you blue screen you probably have bad memory.
Most likely problem is a physical problem with the hard drive, but could be plenty of other things. Best bet is to back up your information (if possible) and do a fresh windows install, if you continue to get the message after a clean windows install, your hard drive is not stable, and has a problem.