Cant enlarge the screen when starting to play age of empires 2
I start the game normally and get to the start up screen and all i have is a little box and the rest of computer screen is black. There is only a x on the corner of the little box. I cant enlarge the screen.
- If you need clarification, ask it in the comment box above.
- Better answers use proper spelling and grammar.
- Provide details, support with references or personal experience.
Tell us some more! Your answer needs to include more details to help people.You can't post answers that contain an email address.Please enter a valid email address.The email address entered is already associated to an account.Login to postPlease use English characters only.
Tip: The max point reward for answering a question is 15.
the game was made for 2007 windows vista you might be able to get it going by changing the compatibility mode - http://windows.microsoft.com/en-US/windows-vista/Make-older-programs-run-in-this-version-of-Windows
1) It is possible that you're clicking on the age of empires game already, but while age of empires isn't on your PC yet. Meaning you should Install the game another way. Just go "Start" > "computer" > (E:) drive. This should start up the game properly.
2) If this is not the problem, the problem might be that your data is corrupt or just damaged. Make sure your CD is clean. If you're not using a CD but just downloading the game, then this means the site you would have downloaded it from gives you corrupt data (mind possible viruses then!), meaning you should download it from another site.
If this does not solve your problem or does not accurately answer your question, please give more info about what exactly you are doing/using.
I bought my white mac book exactly a year ago... so its still pretty new I guess.... heres what you do
1. install "age of empires 2 1.0.6 update" from this link:
2. right when starting the game, hold the command or the apple button and a option screen pops up. It will now allow you to select "force 256 colors" due to new update. Check that box and press play. some forums say you also need to select "don't play intro movies" or select don't change resolution or something like that but I did not have to do that. So I can also watch intro movies... yay.
All I did was select "force 256 colors". Hope that helps. It took me an hour searching online to find the solution.
That should fix the problem.
Some forums say that I have to change resolution 640 x 480 as well but I did not have to say that either.