- If you need clarification, ask it in the comment box above.
- Better answers use proper spelling and grammar.
- Provide details, support with references or personal experience.
Tell us some more! Your answer needs to include more details to help people.You can't post answers that contain an email address.Please enter a valid email address.The email address entered is already associated to an account.Login to postPlease use English characters only.
Tip: The max point reward for answering a question is 15.
Most people only answer questions under 2 circumstances:
1) They have to see the question. Since there are a LOT of questions (Like thousands every day) we volunteer FIXYA helpers only see a few of them. Then,
2) We have to think that we either know the answer, or might be able to help you find the answer.
Then we reply.
My guess or suggestion regarding your problem, and I assure you that I don't know the answer.......
- Possible defect with your space bar
Would it be possible to have it checked by a technician?
Hope this helps.
Look closely at the space bar. try to lift it on the right side and on the left. The bar may have popped out of place. Specifically a metal rod that holds the space bar in place. Or the space bar is not resetting fast enough, ( soda, honey, something sticky) causing the bar to reset slowly.
Does the carriage just move back and forth on its own? Space bar work? The escapement may be sticky from lack of use. You may be able to see it from the upper rear or the bottom. It will move when you hit space bar or keys. Try working WD40 into it, it'll take a bit of use to free.
There is an adjustment for the power space bar..looks like it is pulling the escapement out too far. Not something for a novice to try..It may also have a bind in it.If so just try to wiggle it to remove the bind. Hope this helps Squipps