- If you need clarification, ask it in the comment box above.
- Better answers use proper spelling and grammar.
- Provide details, support with references or personal experience.
Tell us some more! Your answer needs to include more details to help people.You can't post answers that contain an email address.Please enter a valid email address.The email address entered is already associated to an account.Login to postPlease use English characters only.
Tip: The max point reward for answering a question is 15.
I am not familiar with your model of cooker but I assume it is a gas cooker.
Gas cookers have safety devices in the oven and grill the hob rings do not need. I speculate even the domestic oven hasn't escaped the interference from the electronics industry and I expect the aforementioned safety devices depend on (low voltage) electronics and electronics depend on electricity - that the lights aren't working would suggest there is no (low voltage) electricity.
Even in the case of an electric oven the thermostat could be electronic and need (low voltage) electricity to work.
The grill element should not 'blow' by just touching it - it should be earthed. The elements do gradually disintegrate over time & the inside wire element either fractures or touches the element casing causing the mains to trip. Sometimes this makes it trip just once & then stops working. Replace the element - not usually any fuse in circuit with this. Often held in by 2 screws adjacent to the element at back of oven and conections via Fast-ons- Rick
Most common problem is that the grill element is probably faulty/blown. Also check the wiring at the grill element terminals as wiring sometimes burns off. The grill controllers don't normally get faulty as they generally last a lot longer than the elements.
The hob is normally totally independent of the oven. What is actually working or not working on the oven? i.e. does the grill still work, is the clock OK and can you set it, or is everything totally dead?
This sounds like some of the power wiring, or leads which go to the "electric" burners. the smoke is a wire based or very chemical based smell. that in it self is toxic. when it comes to something as major as this you should for your own safety contact the seller if it is under warranty. The voltages and risk or burns electrical and heat wise are not worth the risk to your person and or life and or property.
I have a manual for this oven which I can copy and email to get the grill to work you need to in this order.
Switch oven temp to max
then set function to grill
then set grill temp to what ever.
If you dont do it in that order the grill wont come on for some raeson.
If the rings work o/k then could be timer if it has one make sure it is set to manual and not auto.
Another thing it could be is a faulty selector switch, which selects the different functions.
Hope this helps.
Plz rate my solution.
I would not advise you to remove the element unless you feel competent to do so.
Best thing to do is to put the grill full on and let all the fat and grease burn itself off.
you will not hurt anything by doing this.
Make sure you have the griil door open and your house door.
Plz rate my solution.