Question about Lexmark X7170 All-In-One InkJet Printer
My printer is working fine...if I just print 1 sheet at a time and remove each sheet. The printed sheet is still in the rollers and if I fail to pull out the just completed sheet fast enough, the first lines of the next sheet are printed on it plus the sheets eventually jam. I use this machine as a fax and I am coming home to a jammed machine with only 1 legible print. Please help. Thank you.
A 6ya expert can help you resolve that issue over the phone in a minute or two.
Best thing about this new service is that you are never placed on hold and get to talk to real repairmen in the US.
The service is completely free and covers almost anything you can think of (from cars to computers, handyman, and even drones).
click here to download the app (for users in the US for now) and get all the help you need.
Posted on Jan 02, 2017
Tips for a great answer:
Nov 29, 2012 | Lexmark X7170 All-In-One Scan/Copy/Fax and...
Jul 27, 2011 | Lexmark X7170 All-In-One InkJet Printer
This printer has capability to print on labels. Here are some tips when printing on labels:
· Use labels designed specifically for laser printers. Check with the manufacturer or vendor to verify that the labels can withstand temperatures up to 210°C (410°F) without sealing, excessive curling, wrinkling, or releasing hazardous emissions.
· Labels can be printed at a higher fusing temperature up to 220°C (428°F) if Label Weight is set to Heavy.
· Select this setting using the Embedded Web Server, or from the printer control panel Paper menu. Label adhesives, face sheet (printable stock), and topcoats can withstand up to 25-psi (172-kPa) pressure without delaminating, oozing around the edges, or releasing hazardous fumes.
· Do not use labels with slick backing material.
· Use full label sheets. Partial sheets may cause labels to peel off during printing, resulting in a jam. Partial sheets also contaminate the printer and the cartridge with adhesive, and could void the printer and cartridge warranties.
· Do not use labels with exposed adhesive.
· Do not print within 1 mm (0.04 in.) of the edge of the label, of the perforations, or between die-cuts of the label.
· Be sure adhesive backing does not reach to the sheet edge. Zone coating of the adhesive at least 1 mm (0.04 in.) away from edges is recommended. Adhesive material contaminates the printer and could void the warranty.
· If zone coating of the adhesive is not possible, remove a 2-mm (0.06-in.) strip on the leading and driver edge, and use a non-oozing adhesive.
· Portrait orientation works best, especially when printing bar codes.
· Use only paper label sheets. Vinyl, pharmacy, and dual-sided labels are not supported.
For further assistance, please contact Lexmark Technical Support.
Mar 04, 2011 | Lexmark E260dn Laser Printer
May 11, 2009 | Polaroid PoGo Digital Photo Printer
Feb 17, 2009 | Lexmark X7170 All-In-One Scan/Copy/Fax and...
Jan 28, 2009 | Lexmark T640 Laser Printer
Make sure that the printer is turned off.
Open the printer cover by pressing the latch on the left side of the printer and lifting the cover up all the way.
Warning: Opening the printer cover exposes the fuser, which is marked CAUTION Hot Surface Avoid Contact. Be careful not to touch the fuser. If the printer has been in use, the fuser may be very hot.
1. CAUTION Hot Surface Avoid Contact
Remove the developer cartridge.
Caution: When removing the developer cartridge, never touch the developing roller under the flap; otherwise, print quality may decline.
Remove the photoconductor unit.
Caution: Never touch the photoconductor unit's light-sensitive drum; otherwise, print quality may decline.
Remove the paper from the paper path.
Note: If paper is jammed at the fuser, grasp the bottom of the paper and pull it out.
Reinstall the photoconductor unit, and then the developer cartridge.
Close the printer cover.
Tap the edges of the stack of paper on a flat surface and carefully reload it into the MP tray. (Do not reload curled or wrinkled sheets.)
Printing automatically restarts from the page that jammed. If the Paper light stays on after removing all jammed paper, open and close the printer cover to clear the error.
Oct 16, 2007 | Lexmark X7170 All-In-One InkJet Printer
79 people viewed this question
Usually answered in minutes!