Question about Biostar P4M800-M7A Motherboard
I have had 4 RAID drives die within 3 months. 3
different makes involved. This is the current status...
1) Have just lost drive 3 out of my RAID01 setup, showed Error Occurred (0) in CTRL-I page
2) Replaced drives 1 & 3 so they are exactly the same type. (it still boots but is degraded)
3) Rebooted & it offered to rebuild the volume on drive 1 or 3.
4) Both drives were shown on CTRL-I page as Non-RAID disc.
5) I selected 1 since there was no way to select both.
6) The status then changed to rebuilding and drive is now shown as a member. So far so good but...
7) I rebooted expecting to be offered rebuiding volume again but just get normal CTRL-I screen with Non-RAID disc shown as disc 3
8) How do I get Disc 3 to be rebuilt? There are only controls for deleting or creating RAID volumes. It seems to think that there is nothing else to rebuild but I have 1/4 of the drive missing.
TPower I54 v5.1 socket 775 motherboard
Intel(R) ICH8R/ICH9R SATA RAID
Using 2 x 500gb Seagate drives 0 & 2
and 2 x 500gb Hitachi drives 1 & 3
Your NUMBER 1 ENEMY when doing multiple drives in a single case is HEAT!!!! Make 100% sure those drives are COOL!!! if not you will continue to have issues.
Posted on Mar 05, 2009
Tips for a great answer:
Jan 07, 2015 | Motherboards
on Apr 03, 2011 | ASUS M4A79T Deluxe ( M4A79T DLX MB PHENOM...
Aug 03, 2010 | MSI 880GMAE45 AM3 AMD 880G USB 30 Micro...
Dec 07, 2009 | AMD Motherboards
Sep 18, 2009 | Intel Motherboard
Apr 21, 2009 | ASUS P5GD1-VM Motherboard
Apr 03, 2009 | Asrock P4VM8 Motherboard
Feb 20, 2009 | ASUS KFN32-D SLI /SAS Motherboard
Dec 31, 2008 | ASUS M2N-E Motherboard
Jun 05, 2008 | Asrock K7VT4A-Pro Motherboard
215 people viewed this question
Usually answered in minutes!
Step 2: Please assign your manual to a product: