Question about Desa International (R165DT) Utility Heater
I have been using my heater for 2 weeks and it is only on the second tankful of fuel. It is producing a lot of smoke when it is running, which it did not do on the first tank of fuel. I am using #2 diesel fuel.
Smoke is an indication of an improper air/fuel mixture, partially blocked nozzle or blocked air passages.
Kerosene must be atomized and mixed with the right amount of air to burn without smoke and odor.
You should consult your manual to have a guide to resolving the issue.
1. Make sure pump pressure is set accurate (5.6 p.s.i.). The pump controls the air/fuel mixture.
2. remove nozzle and clean with brush and compressed air. Also inspect rear of combustion chamber where air flows into and around the chamber to ensure proper air flow. Any materials that may be bent should be replaced. If not formed properly, the air flow through the heater changes as a result.
Posted on Mar 29, 2009
A 6ya expert can help you resolve that issue over the phone in a minute or two.
Best thing about this new service is that you are never placed on hold and get to talk to real repairmen in the US.
The service is completely free and covers almost anything you can think of (from cars to computers, handyman, and even drones).
click here to download the app (for users in the US for now) and get all the help you need.
Posted on Jan 02, 2017
Tips for a great answer:
Feb 19, 2015 | Reddy Heater-30-55,000 BTU Variable
Nov 27, 2017 | Ariens Garden
(For 40/55/60/70/110/115/155/165 Models
1. Remove side cover screws using 5/16" nutdriver.
2. Remove side cover.
3. Pull upper fuel line off fuel filter neck (see
Figure 15 or 16).
4. Carefully pry bushing, fuel filter, and lower
fuel line (110/115/155/165 Models only) out
of fuel tank (see Figure 16).
5. Wash fuel filter with clean fuel and replace in tank.
6. Attach upper fuel line to fuel filter neck.
7. Replace side cover.
Jan 20, 2012 | Reddy Heater-70,000 BTU Kerosene w/T'stat
Here are a couple of tips that I wrote that tell you how to troubleshoot a Torpedo or Reddy heater...
Reddy Heater - Troubleshooting Torpedo Heaters
Feb 17, 2011 | Reddy R155D Utility Heater
Jan 19, 2011 | Reddy R115DT Oil Filled Utility Heater
Jan 05, 2011 | Reddy HEATER RLP100 100,000-BTU PORTABLE...
Dec 07, 2010 | Master Heaters B155DST
May 12, 2010 | Homelite Mighty Lite Lawn Trimmer
Dec 20, 2009 | Husqvarna Garden
241 people viewed this question
Usually answered in minutes!
Step 2: Please assign your manual to a product: