SELECTED PRODUCT: KDF60XS955 (change your search)
How to reset the television to the original factory settings.
Article ID: 42994 ' Last Updated: 08/15/2015
WARNING: FOR LCD AND PLASMA TELEVISIONS: This procedure will reset the video calibration settings of the TV. If you paid to have your TV screen specially calibrated, you may want to first try performing a power reset
instead. Otherwise, any special calibration settings will be lost.
A Video Tutorial is available with information about this topic.IMPORTANT:
- The supplied remote control is necessary to perform this procedure. Then be sure to point the remote control towards the front and center of the television.
- If lights on the front of the TV are blinking or flashing, follow the steps in this answer.
IMPORTANT: If the reset did not complete successfully, disconnect all devices from the TV and turn off or disable the network connection the repeat these steps.
- Unplug the TV power cord from the electrical outlet.
- Allow the TV to remain without power for one minute.
- Plug the power cord back into the electrical outlet.NOTE: The TV should turn on automatically. If it does not, turn it on.
- Wait approximately 40 seconds for the TV to completely start up.
- On the TV remote control, press and hold the UP ARROW button.
- While holding the UP ARROW button, press and release the POWER button on the TV set.
- The TV may turn off and then back on.
- The button may be on the front, top or side of the TV. If your TV has an Energy Saving switch, be sure to press the POWER button rather than the Energy Saving switch.
- Release the UP ARROW button.NOTE: The initial setup screen displays if the above procedures were performed correctly.
- Follow the on-screen instructions to complete the initial setup.