Dear customer first of al thanx 4 choosing fixya...
first of al install fxplore in ur phone if not installed
1. Open one of above software you have. 2. Browse through the directory, C:\system 3. Rename the file mmcstore to mmcstore.txt 4. Open the file - The file will open in Notes. 5. You will find your password in that file. That file would also contain much more data which you do not understand,so you need to go through the file to get the password!
When ur cell is connected to pc by means of data cable or bluetooth,u can see the password by simply opening the file mmcstore with notepad.
- If you need clarification, ask it in the comment box above.
- Better answers use proper spelling and grammar.
- Provide details, support with references or personal experience.
Tell us some more! Your answer needs to include more details to help people.You can't post answers that contain an email address.Please enter a valid email address.The email address entered is already associated to an account.Login to postPlease use English characters only.
Tip: The max point reward for answering a question is 15.
Hey, your mmc got corrupted, going to buy a new one? Stop here and see it. you can try to repair it. All the memory card are based on the FAT file system and not the FAT32 or NTFS file system. for repairing you will need a corrupted mmc, a mmc reader, and a PC, obviously.
1) Insert your card in the mmc reader. 2) Find the drive in which it is inserted from your pc. 3) Right click the selected drive and select FORMAT but NOT quick format. 4) Now, in the file system selection part, select the file system to be FAT and not FAT 32 or NTFS file system. 5) Start formatting
Warning this will erase everything on your phone. Make sure that you back up everything to an mmc card if possible Switch of your phone Press and hold these 3 keys together- -green dial key- -the star key(*) -the number 3 key(very hard to do) Press the on off switch to the phone DO NOT let go of the keys until you see a formatting screen After a few minutes the format will be complete,your phone will be back to factory settings
The default security code for Nokia is 12345. You can recover the password. The best way is to download a file manager to your phone. I use Best Fileman for my N70, from http://www.smartphoneware.com/ It's for series 60and 40. The trial version should be enough, it's only £5.60 anyway. In the file manager (when installed on your phone) you'll find under- C:\System\mmcstore -the file you're looking for, you have to rename the file- mmcstore.txt -then send it to another mobile (best way) or your PC via bluetooth or USB, open it on the other phone and your password will be revealed. Rename that file- mmcstore.txt -to just- mmcstore -there might be another file named- mmcstore.txt -to view your password rename one or the other- mmcstore1.txt -one is for your phone PIN number the other your MMC card. Clear enough?
As far as I know the operating system cannot be changed.
There would be nothing to be gained.
The memory card password can be found in a file, but you need a third party file manager, I recommend for the (series 60) Nokia N70, Best Fileman, Version 1.03 available from: www.smartphoneware.com You can download it straight to your phone, but the best way is via PC Suite. If you buy it's £5.41 but you could retrieve your password on the trial version.
This is what you do: In the file manager of Best Fileman you'll find under- C:\System\mmcstore -the file you're looking for, you have to rename the file- mmcstore.txt -then send it to another mobile (best way) or your PC via bluetooth or USB cable, open it on the other phone and your password will be revealed. Then... Rename the file mmcstore.txt to just- mmcstore -there might be another file named- mmcstore.txt -to view your password rename one or the other- mmcstore1.txt -one is for your phone PIN number the other your MMC card. You have to send the file to another device IE. PC or Mobile. On your phone the password won't be revealed. Clear enough?