I have a Mitsubishi WS-55809 and I have convergence issues. I found the part I need is an IC chip STK392-570 but I don't know how to install it. I have zero experience with doing this but I am a pretty technical guy so a quick how-to would be awesome. I don't have to money to pay somebody to replace it and I am getting headaches from watching the tv. Please help!!
An expert who has achieved level 3 by getting 1000 points
An expert that got 20 achievements.
An expert that got 10 achievements.
An expert that got 5 achievements.
Re: Mitsubishi WS-55809 installing STK392-570
Un solder ics replace both of them resolder make sure you do not solder any of the circuits together or it will short something out,also ck low ohm resistors in same circuit.I will try to help you the best that i can. Main key you must know how to Solder.
- If you need clarification, ask it in the comment box above.
- Better answers use proper spelling and grammar.
- Provide details, support with references or personal experience.
Tell us some more! Your answer needs to include more details to help people.You can't post answers that contain an email address.Please enter a valid email address.The email address entered is already associated to an account.Login to postPlease use English characters only.
Tip: The max point reward for answering a question is 15.
Most shops will have that chip which is not used in many mitsubishi models----try suburban electronics on the internet----they have all the chips etc and you are looking at 2-3 days for average delivery to California----I know.
This issue is almost always caused by a faulty Convergence IC inside your TV. These chips heat up and can become damaged over time. The most common cause I have seen for the picture distortion is the heat of the Convergence IC weakening the solder connection to the TV circuit board. If you look on various messages board you will see people rigging wooden dowels and other items to apply pressure to the chips in order to correct their picture issue. This works because when the solder joint is weakened the chip becomes loose and vibrations or pressure will cause it to work or not work correctly. Aside from all that information the correct fix is to have the IC chips replaces on your TV.
The solutions for this issue are as follows:
1. located a tv repair shop that will replace the parts for you. I had the same issue with my 65" Tv and the quote was $350 for the labor and parts.
2. You can ordered the IC replacements yourself online by going to google and looking up a reseller of the STK392-110 Convergence IC that is inside your model TV. You will need 2 of them and they cost around $6 each. If you have the soldering skills to remove the old chips and install the new ones this is by far the most cost effective route. It is a fairly simple process and guides can be found online.