What device is connected to TV: cable, sat box, dvd player? What type of cable are you using to connect to the accessory device?
For a red, white, and yellow cable:
I cannot hear sound from the television when connecting to the AV1 input. What do I need to do?
When you connect the accessory device to the AV1 input of the TV using either component video cables (YPbPr) or composite video cable (Yellow), you must connect the audio output from the accessory device to the 'INPUT AV1 AUDIO L R' of the TV using the RCA audio cables (Red and White).
If the connection is good,
Check to ensure that the AV1 audio source from the TV on-screen menu is selected to AV1.
- Press the 'MENU' button on the remote control.
- Press the cursor up/down to select SETUP and press the cursor right.
- Press the cursor up/down to select SOURCE and press the cursor right.
- Press the cursor up/down to select ANALOG AUDIO IN and press the cursor right.
- Press the cursor up/down to select AV1 and press the 'OK' button.
- Press the 'MENU' button to exit the menu.
Make sure that the volume on the TV and on the device is set at an audible level and also that the sound hasn't been muted.
The picture quality is good but the TV does not produce any sound when connected to an accessory device with an HDMI to HDMI cable.
- The TV's behavior is considered to be normal as some accessory devices have an HDMI audio output setting that requires to be turned on when using an HDMI to HDMI connection.
- Check the on-screen menu of the accessory device to ensure that the HDMI audio output is set to ON.
- In some cases, you may need to set the digital out audio stream of the accessory device to PCM.
- For detailed information, please refer to the user manual of the accessory device.