- If you need clarification, ask it in the comment box above.
- Better answers use proper spelling and grammar.
- Provide details, support with references or personal experience.
Tell us some more! Your answer needs to include more details to help people.You can't post answers that contain an email address.Please enter a valid email address.The email address entered is already associated to an account.Login to postPlease use English characters only.
Tip: The max point reward for answering a question is 15.
No you cannot record music to a DVD-RW. You must use CD-R media to record music as CD players cannot read DVDs. However you can burn the music to the DVD if you plan on using a DVD player to play the music. I beleive some recording hardware does allow you to use DVD's, but most use CD-R media or digital media such as a hard drive or flash media.
we may need more details but you can try this for now
1. are you sure you have a cd writer or a dvd writer (writer = burner)--- check the front edge of your cd/dvd unit and look for words like "writer" "burner" or writeable next to the word dvd or compact disc... keep in mind not all cd/dvd writer can write (burn) cd or dvds, some may burn cd but not dvds.
2. is your cd/dvd unit compatible with the media (cd or dvd blank disk) you are trying to use.. depending your cd/dvd especifications your dvd/cd drive is compatible with certain types of cd or dvds that are writeable.
3. is the cd/dvd a writeable cd/dvd and is compatible with your cd/dvd drive? for instance.. if you are using a blank dvd and your cd/dvd drive only burn cd/s and read dvd and cd you won't be able to write to the blank dvd.
4. are you trying to burn a dvd in a corporate computer.?? as a user (not an administrator) of your corporate computer you may not have priviledges that will allow them to burn dvd/cd's even you your drive and your media are compatible.
the error that you get
the brand and model of the computer you're using
the type of media you're using
Alright. Seems like Windows, for some reason, doesn't think your drive is able to burn things when trying to deal with this kind of disc.
I'll need further information, like if you use another program to burn music CDs, and what other things might have changed the registry settings. I know of a fix that resolves issues with the Windows version of data CD burning, but it only applies to CD-R and CR-RW drives..