My 2 wire router has 3 lights. When i first turn it on the power light blinks until it stays green. Then a few seconds later both the broadband link and local network lights go orange. This process is repeated over and over again.
- If you need clarification, ask it in the comment box above.
- Better answers use proper spelling and grammar.
- Provide details, support with references or personal experience.
Tell us some more! Your answer needs to include more details to help people.You can't post answers that contain an email address.Please enter a valid email address.The email address entered is already associated to an account.Login to postPlease use English characters only.
Tip: The max point reward for answering a question is 15.
Hello. If the test light on the router stays on after 20 seconds, even after turning off the router and back on it stays lit, it means the router has a problem. What you can try to do is reset the router to factory settings:1. With the router powered on, hold down the reset button on the back of the router for 20 seconds until the test light on the fron panel turns on.2. Release the reset button and wait for the router to restart and become stable. If the test light does not stay on anymore, the router should be ok, you need to set it up again though. Hope this helps. Glad to be of service.
When the router is turned on, the Internet light turns amber for
about 20 seconds and then turns green. If the light does not turn green, the router has a
If the Internet light is still amber 1 minute after turning on power to the router:
a. The Internet is not accessible. Confirm that you have the correct internet setting.
b. Clear the router's configuration to factory defaults. This will set the router's IP address to
c. Turn the power off and back on to see if the router recovers.
If its still not working, reset to factory defaults.
You can restore the factory default configuration settings that reset the router's user name to
admin, the password to password, and the IP address to 192.168.1.1.
To restore the factory default configuration settings:
1. Use a sharp object such as a pen or a paper clip to press and hold the restore factory settings
button, located on the rear panel of the router, for about 5 seconds, until the Power light begins
to blink (see "Back Panel" on page 4).
2. Release the restore factory settings button, and wait for the router to restart, and for the Power
light to stop blinking and become solid green.
The factory default settings will be restored so that you can access the router from your Web
browser using the factory defaults.
Welcome to FixYa! What you are experiencing right now is what they called NO SYNC in ISP term. That means that your router is not getting any signal from the server. Please try to follow these method for you to be able to fix the problem.
1. Turn Off the router.
2. Check the DSL cable, the one that is connected from the router to the wall outlet.
3. Check if there's any device between them and remove it.
4. Try to switch the end of the cable.
3. Try to use another cable if possible.
5. Power on the router and wait until the DSL light goes steady.
6. If nothing happens, try to reset the router by pushing the reset button at the back of it.
7. Press and hold it for 30 seconds while the router is on.
8. Turn off the router and after 30 seconds, turn it back on.
If the DSL light is still blinking, there's a possibility that the problem is with the router itself or the line outside your house going to the server itself.
Hope this information will help. Thank you for using Fixya!
Blinking power light on the Linksys routers indicate 2 things. 1st is firmware problem, 2nd is the worst one which is defective router. You can still revive it if you can reload the firmware. If not, it's a dead one and you need to purchase a new one. And man, your router is a very old one. You must switch to wireless G router, its 5 times faster than your wireless B and it only cost 30 or 40 bucks
You might try this:
1 power off or unplug your cable or DSL Modem.
2 Power off your router
3 waiti about 30 seconds,
4 plug in your cable/DSL modem
5 wait until the modem boots up (all lights except activity should be on)
6 power up your router.