Question about Office Equipment & Supplies
SOURCE: paper feed problem
Check all this-----
1.check the printer paper feed roller jam.
2.check the paper sensor, It is working or not.
3.check the paper tray(clean it)
4.service the printer, (If possible).
Posted on Mar 10, 2008
SOURCE: won't feed paper
Hiya .. Your roller guides.. just need a general clean... and the sensors located just on the inside of the printer at the bottom where the paper sits ..
Posted on Mar 27, 2008
Maximum thickness allowed in this printer is 250gsm for Premium Glossy, therefor the paper appears to outside the specification of the machine. Only answer is use slightly lighter paper.
Posted on Nov 18, 2008
SOURCE: Paper feed not working properly
1. first check to see if there is any bits and pieces of paper in any place in the paper carriage -- look very carefully in front access and rear access
2. if this is not the problem, then disconnect printer from computer -- turn off printer, unplug power cord, unplug printer cable from printer
3. gain access to paper roller assembly, usually in rear
4. using lint free cloth, dampened with distilled water clean rollers -- read manual to determine direction of rotation (usually clockwise)
5. keep rotating rollers until all is wiped clean of paper dust
6. reassumble and try a test print as your printer manual directs
Posted on Apr 22, 2009
In the comments section Blumm suggests pushing a piece of cardboard (like the back of a legal pad) through the feeder as far as you can. Turn the printer off and then on again with it in there. Pull the cardboard out and check for any foreign objects that have been pushed through.
It worked for many people including myself - I got a piece of plastic and it works wonderfully again!
Posted on Jul 31, 2010
Tips for a great answer:
Apr 20, 2014 | Office Equipment & Supplies
Oct 30, 2012 | Canon PIXMA iP1800 Printer
Oct 26, 2012 | Brother MFC 420CN All-In-One InkJet...
If the Paper Feed Roller is dirty or paper powder is attached to it, paper may not be fed properly.
In this case, clean the Paper Feed Roller. Cleaning will wear out the Paper Feed Roller, so perform this only when necessary.
You need to prepare: three sheets of A4 or Letter-sized plain paper
1.Make sure that the power is turned on, and remove any paper from the Rear Tray.
2.Open the Paper Output Tray gently, and open the Output Tray Extension.
3.Clean the Paper Feed Roller without paper.
(1) Press the (Maintenance) button repeatedly until b appears.
(2) Press the Black or Color button.
The Paper Feed Roller will rotate as it is cleaned.
4.Clean the Paper Feed Roller with paper.
(1) Make sure that the Paper Feed Roller has stopped rotating, and load three sheets of A4 or Letter-sized plain paper in the Rear Tray.
(2) Make sure that b appears on the LED, then press the Black or Color button.
The machine starts cleaning. The cleaning will be completed after the paper is ejected.
This should fix the issue
Nov 03, 2011 | Canon PIXMA MP495 InkJet Printer
Sep 12, 2011 | HP DeskJet 950c / ScanJet 5370C InkJet...
Jul 26, 2011 | Canon PIXMA MX320 Color USB InkJet Printer
Nov 16, 2010 | Office Equipment & Supplies
Aug 16, 2008 | HP Office Equipment & Supplies
126 people viewed this question
Usually answered in minutes!