Question about HP iPAQ H2210 Pocket PC
I charged my pc pocket yesterday and when I tried to power it on it didn't. I'm trying to charge it but its not working. I tried to reset it but it shows the HP logo with the white background like for 2 seconds and it turns off again. Please someone help me!
Hello, it isn't that simple as a broken charger. Try the following thing. Connect battery to the PDA, check that the battery LID is connected FIRMLY to the body (there is a contact there that woun't allow the PDA to start if the lid isn't connected properly, you may want to check it too, look carefully for a small black thing and check that it can be pressed). Then connect the pda for half hour to the charger, even if no light or amber led is flashing. Then make a master reset as showed here and connect the PDA to a usb sync cable with your computer. Press simultaneous the soft reset and the power button, then press only the soft reset button. The PDA should start. If not, there is a problem with a DC converter component on the mainboard or the connector I was talking about before. Even if the charger is broken, your PDA should power on from USB cable. Good luck, feel free to ask further questions and always remember to rate replies received from this site :)
Posted on Mar 01, 2007
Hi LaSuperChica, Have you tried a full (hard) reset? -Press and hold Application Buttons 1 (Calendar) and 4 (iTask) on the front of the unit and, at the same time, use the stylus to press the Reset button on the back of the HP iPAQ Pocket PC. -Hold all buttons until the displayed image begins to fade (approximately four seconds). -Release the Application buttons and stylus. Verify the full reset occurred by pressing the power button, it the full rest was done correctly the unit should not turn on. -Reactivate the batter by pressing the reset button with stylus. Let us know if this works and please don't forget to rate this post.
Posted on Feb 27, 2007
Save hours of searching online or wasting money on unnecessary repairs by talking to a 6YA Expert who can help you resolve this issue over the phone in a minute or two.
Best thing about this new service is that you are never placed on hold and get to talk to real repairmen in the US.
Here's a link to this great service
Posted on Jan 02, 2017
Tips for a great answer:
May 14, 2011 | Sony E-reader Portable E-book MP3 Player
Aug 10, 2010 | HP iPAQ H2200 Pocket PC
Jan 19, 2010 | HP iPAQ H2200 Pocket PC
NOTE: The amber charge light blinks while the battery is recharging and turns solid (nonblinking) when the battery is fully charged.In the event of a low backup battery warning, charge the unit immediately before removing the main battery to avoid data loss. To view the amount of charge left in the backup battery, tap Start, Settings, the System tab, and Power.
Charging with the universal desktop cradle and AC adapter Use the universal desktop cradle to charge the HP iPAQ Pocket PC, or synchronize the HP iPAQ Pocket PC with a computer.
Follow these steps to charge the HP iPAQ Pocket PC using the universal desktop cradle:
- Plug the AC adapter into an electrical outlet and connect the other end of the AC adapter to the AC connector on the universal desktop cradle.
- Connect the serial or USB cradle cable into the appropriate port on the desktop PC.Figure : Connecting with the cradle
- Slide the bottom of the HP iPAQ Pocket PC into the cradle and push firmly to seat it.CAUTION: To avoid damaging the HP iPAQ Pocket PC or the cradle, make sure the pins are aligned before pushing the HP Pocket PC into the cradle.
Figure : Charging with the universal desktop cradle
- AC adapter into electrical outlet
- AC adapter into universal desktop cradle
- HP iPAQ Pocket PC into cradleNOTE: The amber charge light blinks while the battery is recharging and turns solid (nonblinking) when the battery is fully charged.There are stabilizers located in the universal desktop cradle that assist in aligning the unit when there is no expansion pack attached. When placing the HP iPAQ Pocket PC with an expansion pack attached into the universal desktop cradle, the stabilizers will be pushed down by the expansion pack. To release the stabilizers for use without an expansion pack, press the button on the back of the cradle.
Charging with the optional USB Autosync cable Charge the HP iPAQ Pocket PC using the optional USB Autosync cable by connecting the Autosync cable to the HP Pocket PC and the personal computer. The HP Pocket PC will be charged using power from the personal computer.
For more information on charging the HP Pocket PC using the optional USB autosync cable, from the Today screen, tap Start, Settings, the Systemtab, Power, the USB Charging tab, Settings, and Help.
Charging a low battery The HP iPAQ Pocket PC will not turn on if the battery has a low charge (less than 3.2 Volts). Fully charge the battery prior to using the HP Pocket PC.
If the charge on the battery goes below the 3.2 Volts as a result of not being connected to the universal desktop cradle or the AC adapter, no damage will occur to the battery. However, the HP iPAQ Pocket PC charge indicator light will not flash until the battery reaches the minimum charge of 3.2 Volts and a normal reset is performed.
Follow these steps to charge and reset the HP iPAQ Pocket PC:
Keep the HP iPAQ Pocket PC connected to the universal desktop cradle or AC adapter when it is not in use.
- Connect the HP iPAQ Pocket PC to an A/C power supply.
- Charge the battery to the minimum level of 3.2 Volts (this will take 5 to 30 minutes depending on the current charge level).
- Perform a normal reset by using the stylus to lightly press the Reset button on the bottom of the HP iPAQ Pocket PC.
- Turn on the HP iPAQ Pocket PC.
Aug 25, 2017 | HP iPAQ H1945 Pocket PC
Jul 12, 2009 | Dell Axim X3 Pocket PC
Dec 22, 2007 | HP iPAQ h6315/h6365 Pocket PC
Jun 23, 2018 | The Computers & Internet
236 people viewed this question
Usually answered in minutes!
Step 2: Please assign your manual to a product: