You will need to uninstall and reinstall the printer driver. Please follow the steps given below:
First, unplug the USB cable. Next, please download the clean up patch from the link given below:
Click on "CleanupUtility.exe" file.
To apply the cleanup file, copy and paste the icon on to your desktop and double click the file to run the file.
Please download and install the Windows Vista driver from the website given below in order to resolve the issue:
Please click on "Drivers & Downloads."
Select "Driver Finder" and under "Search by Model" Please enter the printer model number "Lexmark X2690" click on search.
Please use the following steps to download the Lexmark X2690 Vista driver to your desktop:
1. Select "vista_x64" from the drop down list
2. Click on "Download Now."
3. On the "File Download" screen, choose "Save."
4. The next screen will be titled "Save As." Choose to "Save in Desktop" and click "OK."
5. You should see files being transferred.
****Note**** If your browser uses a different file downloading format than specified above, you will need to resort to your browsers help files for downloading instructions. The object of steps 1 - 4 is to download the driver to your desktop. This way it is easily accessible.
6. Once the files have completed downloading, double click on the icon with your file name.
7. Please follow the on screen instructions to complete installation of your Lexmark printer.
Note: Please plug the USB cable when prompted while installing the driver. The USB cable should still be removed from the system, and the on-screen prompts will remind you of this. Eventually, you will get to a screen asking you to plug in the USB cable. This screen also has an "OK" button. Do not hit this button yet. First, plug in the USB cable. The screen should automatically detect and install the Lexmark X2600 series printer and scanner drivers.