Question about Lexmark Office Equipment & Supplies
Go to this address
You'll need to plug your model number in the search box. But, this system at Lexmark is really ugly from a programmers point of view. It will not bring up your printer on first try.
On the subsequent results page you'll see the search box again. Type your model number in again and hit enter or click on search.
The subsequent results page may still not display your model. Go ahead and enter your model number again. However, as you type this in, if you see a list of models that come close to your model number drop the list down and keep typing until you see yours. When you do, click on it and it will take you to a page where you select your operating system, XP or Vista.
However, you may still have to repeat this nutty procedure again until you get the results I stated above, don't bother looking for the illustration too hard, it should get listed in the search box. The rest is easy once you enter your operating system follow the steps and remember this important point.
Before you install your drivers, you NEED to disconnect the USB cable and leave it off the PC. When the installer is installing it MAY and probably will instruct you as to when to attach the USB cable. ONLY attach it when prompted to do so or after the installer is finished; one or the other or the install will fail and you'll have to uninstall and start over.
I know this sounds really screwy and convoluted and it is. Lexmark has the weirdest driver finder I've ever seen and I work on printer solutions all the time. Sorry. But this is the case. Hard to imagine its so difficult for such a basic printer isn't it?
Well, hang in there and stick with it, try again on the search if you keep failing to get your printer. Eventually you will get the right printer listed and find your drivers.
By the way, other than this driver finder at Lexmark, they are pretty good printers. We don't see problems with them here very often. Worst printer is an Canon, next a HP, then Brother and lastly the Epson which we rarely see as in the Lexmark when someone needs drivers.
Good luck and happy holidays.
Posted on Dec 10, 2008
go to lexmark website and download millenium software driver. or just go to this link: http://downloads.lexmark.com/cgi-perl/downloads.cgi?ccs=229:1:0:552:0:0&emeaframe=&fileID=9031&searchLang=en&searchLang=en&os_group=Windows%20ME
Posted on Jun 09, 2007
posted on Mar 13, 2008
Rating: 79%, 740 votes
The only work around to this is to use two catridges(2 color and 2 black and white). The reason is the printer has a mechanism to check if the same catridge is being used again. SO when you have two cartridges when one is finished refill the other and use and vice-versa. This way you will be able to refill and use for ever without any problems..
Posted on Jun 03, 2008
I have an z845 and all injet refills are the same...
1. buy an injet refill set from an office supply store, I found mine at Staples. There are more expensive ones you can but online (premium and photo quality inks) but the expense isn't much, just the time in getting them, if you can wait, go for them, unless you don't do photo glossy prints or iron transfer t-shirts, then color matching accuracy might not be as important.
2. open your pack, assemble your syringe, open the inks but leave the seals on, just poke the syringe through when you start to refill.
3. carefully pull the sticker from the cartridge, you don't have to replace it they say, but it's good to keep in on later to stop splashing.
4. use the included drill bit to widen the three holes in the top of the inkjet cart. (no drill bit, use you own, and you only need one that's slightly bigger that the syringe, the one I got was a quarter inch and very stupid)
5. **** up 3-4 cc of ink from a color bottle and stab the syringe all the way to the bottom of the cartridge in the hole of that color, it will resist because it's foam latex, make sure that there is no more resistance when it is fully at the bottom, and squeeze in carefully in case it's not actually empty.
-don't follow directions if they say to "fill it up to overflowing then **** out the excess", lexmarks leak when over half full. 8 is a full cart, 3-4 is probably safe.
-fully clean out the syringe between each color by sucking up water 3-4 times and blowing it out again.
-put the sticker back on seal your inks, clean the syringe and your ready to go.
-clean the metal contacts and then the print heads with the clear or pink solvent, wipe off with a dry cloth and reinsert into the printer.
Easy as pie.
Posted on Aug 03, 2008
a 6ya expert can help you resolve that issue over the phone in a minute or two.
best thing about this new service is that you are never placed on hold and get to talk to real repairmen in the US.
the service is completely free and covers almost anything you can think of (from cars to computers, handyman, and even drones).
click here to download the app (for users in the US for now) and get all the help you need.
Posted on Jan 02, 2017
Tips for a great answer:
Please visit the Lexmark website to download and install the Lexmark Z845Printer Driver on your computer. Select your operating system > click on "FILTER" > click on the driver under Recommended Downloads > download and execute the file. Simply follow the instructions on your computer screen to complete the installation.
Mar 18, 2012 | Lexmark Office Equipment & Supplies
Nov 25, 2010 | Lexmark Z845 InkJet Printer
Dec 02, 2009 | Lexmark Z845 InkJet Printer
Aug 13, 2009 | Lexmark Office Equipment & Supplies
Sep 11, 2008 | Lexmark Office Equipment & Supplies
Jul 02, 2008 | Lexmark Office Equipment & Supplies
May 03, 2008 | Office Equipment & Supplies
Sep 03, 2007 | Lexmark Z845 InkJet Printer
Jun 09, 2007 | Lexmark Z845 InkJet Printer
154 people viewed this question
Usually answered in minutes!